18

Hana

Plugging on my earphones, I was slowly drowning out the world around me. Slumping down on the couch in the studio, I waited for Soonyoung to arrive. He requested me to wait for him in SVT'S Studio and so, here I was.

Starting to feel euphoric due to the song that I was listening to, I bopped my head to the beats and began singing the melody. It was mellow and soothing. Soft and calming. I missed it.

Suddenly peering my eyes open, I almost let out a scream as a shadow loomed over me. Struggling to grab my things and make my way out, he wrapped his hands around my wrist, stopping me. "That was beautiful?" Jihoon only said that much but his expression held so much more. Admiration, from what I could decipher.

"What?!" He removed the guitar from his shoulder and I eyed the instrument for more than I should've. "Your singing!" Jihoon remarked, grasping my attention back to him. "I was singing out loud?" I was so absorbed in the music that I hadn't even taken notice that I was professing the lyrics out loud.

"Could you do me a favor?" Another favor?! Nodding my head slowly, I gazed at him as he brought out the guitar. It was jet black, it's strings sparking bright. Unknowingly I braced my finger across them.

"You sing well!" I knew I did because it was the thing that I was really good at until my father- I had won several competitions for singing but it was all in the past now. The way Jihoon had asked of me, I couldn't turn him down.

"I want to record a guide for our song and I want you to do that but before that I need to finalize the lyrics and the melody" He spoke about it with so much passion that I almost saw my younger self in him, thrilled and excited to anything related to music.

"You have undying love for music, don't you?" He peered at me, softly, for the very first time. "Something that I can't live without?" he hesitated at the choice of his words but I empathized with him. "I can see that" he handed me the lyrics, eager to see my reaction as I went over it.

"We'll be performing a bunch of songs at the upcoming school festival. The title track has already been finalized but the song is like really dear and close to our heart, so-" he didn't need to speak any further to convey his wish. He wanted it to be perfect.

I don't know what help I could be of. The first verse of the song was already felt beyond perfect. It was about a boy adoring a girl that he liked. With a colored sharpie, he had highlighted which part was supposed to be the rap and which were the vocals.

"We could add something personal, like it's something trivial but important" He placed his guitar aside and sat on the floor besides me. "What would you say is something important as a girl?" Pondering on what it could be and how I'd want a boy to behave, an idea clicked in my mind.

"Shoe size!" I immediately scribbled it down when it matched with the melody. He nodded at me, approvingly. "I've been stuck at the outro. We need a punch line, ya know"

The song needed more of English lyrics 'cause it enhances the texture of the song, especially where not much of the people speak the language. It sets a standard.

"Baby You're my angel?!" I watched his eyes, rolling up, deep in thought. "Can you sing it for me? he pressed the play button on his mobile, the instrumental version blaring out of the small speaker. I did as he instructed and it came out really well.

"I could use your help everytime while writing a song. You're a genius" Laughing at his reaction, I patted his back. I felt him freeze under my touch, "I'm sorry" Feeling bad for making him uncomfortable, I instantly apologized.

"No, It's alright. I'm not just used to skinship" I guessed it a little that was the case. "So the arrangement and everything is finalized?" We got up, ready to head upto the recording studio that Jihoon informed me about.

"Can I request you something?" He contemplated before bopping his head, "Don't tell anyone that I was the one who had recorded the guide, will you?" I just didn't want anyone to know that it was me. Music and singing have all been in my past, a past where only painful memories remain. I was just helping out Jihoon.

"Alright!" The door bursted open. A panting Soonyoung followed by Jeonghan and Seungcheol. "I'm really sorry" he rubbed his hands together, apologizing for his late arrival.

"What were you two doing?" Seungcheol dropped down on the couch, closing his eyes. "I just arrived and she was here" Thank you so much, Lee Jihoon.

"I'm sorry. I got caught up by the Science Teacher" both of us held our own conversations while the boys were busy talking about practices and stuff. "Why did you want me here, anyway?" He hadn't revealed it to me yet.

"Just wanted to meet up with you, I guess" He looked so cute, trying to ease his embarrassment. "You can make yourself comfortable. I've some work with Jeonghan hyung" If he said this to me before my pleasant hanging out with Jihoon, I would've have punched him for leaving me alone but now I simply agreed.

When Soonyoung left with Jeonghan, Jihoon nudged me. "Pass me your number" I did as he told and typed away on his mobile. We both thought that Seungcheol was dozing off until he lowly spoke up.

"Why are you passing on contacts, huh?"