29

Hana

I hated having to go to school the following day, but I had to prove to those stupid bitches that I was not helpless. The moment I had opened my eyes in the hospital, Jun was right by my side. Though I was relieved, a small part of me wished Soonyoung had been the one.

Following my hospital discharge, the disorienting thoughts were racing through my head. Just like always I had garned attention as soon as I had rounded the school premises but the whisperings were loud and clear, it had to be since yesterday's happenings.

Within the school, word had already spread like wildfire, with all of the juniors and seniors aware of the true nature of what had transpired. I was certain that I would be called into the principal's office and that Kim Jihy would always get away with her horrible actions.

"Hana-yah?!" Jeonghan had appeared with Seungkwan and Seokmin by my side. Seokmin had brought me into a bone crushing hug, "You're choking me, dude"

"Noona, are you alright?" I patted Seungkwan's rumpled hair and nodded in response to his question. "Where are the other's?" They sensed that I was not particularly interested in talking about yesterday, so they stopped bringing it up.

"I whipped my head at the statement, eyes trailing to Jeonghan who had worded it out. Soonyoung seems to be AWOL since yesterday." "What do you mean AWOL?" I didn't really recall the horrendous events of yesterday. 

"You were taken to the hospital by him and Jun, but he disappeared after a while." My eyes scourged the campus for his face but I couldn't find it. "Jun failed to disclose Soonyoung's presence" – He had never disclosed that Soonyoung was present.

The murmurs were growing louder, starting to sound clearer and more distinct. "What kind of crowd is that over there?" The four of us strode over to the group of students huddled in the hallway.

"See, she is here."

"Isn't she the one?"

"Murderer!"

They were back. The flames are catching up to me again, faster and with greater intensity. I was the subject of their conversation. My eyes were wide open when I realized what their eyes were gawking at. The printout, a large newspaper headline from years ago, was affixed to the wall and it had ruined my life, completely.

"Kang Minwoo is detained after being found guilty of murder"

The words were printed in RED, a color that elevated the color of blood, and they stood out to me in large, bold letters. The noises and voices besides me began to grow muffled, a ringing sound resonating through my ears.

The flames had disappeared and was replaced by a tremendous amount of water. It was as though I was drowning beneath it. I could feel the tears building up in my water line, waiting to spill over my cheeks.

Disregarding Jeonghan's embrace, I bolted through the corridors, heading wherever my feet might lead. I pushed past everyone who tried to get in my way, including Mingyu and Jisoo, who tried inquiring about my well-being.

"Kang Hana"

I became aware that I was outside when a wave of breeze touched my face but I didn't know I had arrived at the rooftop. I let out a loud sob that I had been holding in since I had gone back in time, suddenly plunging down the bench. 

This rooftop had played a vital and big role in me being propelled back in the past. With just a week left, I had hardly made any headway in convincing Soonyoung to give up his idea to kill himselfand look out for the greater good in this world.  

If hadn't travel back in time to save soon soonyoung, neither would I have gotten close to A Svt and neither would Kim Jihye bully me for being close to my friends.

Scrambling to the edge of the rooftop, I wiped away what tears remained. Though I hoped for an end to it all, I was compelled to save Soon Soonyoung and ensure that all of my dear friends would experience the joy of youth. 

"Even though it puts my personal happiness in jeopardy, I can not give up.