21

Hana

The empty house, the empty chats and even emptier heart. Stepping out of my bedroom, I made my way towards the kitchen, in hopes of making myself breakfast.

Beating the eggs in a bowl made me remember the times when I would be stuck to my mother as she made us various dishes back when I was younger. Her presence nowadays is like the blue moon, encountered once in a while.

I felt sick today, I didn't know if it was physically or mentally. I was for sure skipping school today. Dragging my feet towards the fridge, I sighed when I didn't see a sticky note stuck on it. Mom would always do this but I guess..

She forgot what day today is and I don't really blame her, she is just trying her best to make us survive in this world. Plopping down on the couch and turning on the TV, I snuggled inside the blanket that was sprawled against my body.

It felt as if the temperature kept dropping and the house kept getting colder. But it was Summer. There was no way, the temperatures would be so low. Placing a hand on my forehead, I flinched feeling the hot sensation.

I guess I was really sick.

Not fretting over a normal fever, I didn't realise when I fell asleep. Yawning after a nap, I peered out the window, gasping when I noticed that it was already dark. "It was morning when I slept?!"

Throwing off the blanket, I tried searching for my phone. I made the couch a total mess when I couldn't find the device. Rushing upstairs, I found my mobile lying flat on the bed. It was then that I noticed it was switched off. Quickly plugging in the charger to charge the already depleted battery.

Lazily skipping downstairs to grab a snack, I flinched when the door bell rang multiple times. "Huh?" I didn't expect any visitors today though. Too tired to look through the camera, I just opened the door.

Two arms tackled me in a tight hug, almost making me loose my balance. "Woah!" It was Soonyoung. "Where the fuck have you been?" His voice was higher than his normal tone, scaring me. "Home!" My register was low, unable to form words at his angered form.

"I've been trying to contact you all day" Nodding at the realisation, I assisted him inside. "My phone died and well even I almost died" I was joking but the look on his face made me shrink myself down, "Kidding. Just kidding" It didn't take him another thought before engulfing me in another bone crushing hug, "You don't know how worried I was!"

"W-Worried?" I stammered in my speech, "Everyone were concerned about you!" he ignored my previous exclaimation just as he did to this one, "Everyone!" Gently laying his hand on my cheeks, he connected our foreheads.

"If you're okay then it's a relief!" I didn't know why he was so concerned for my well-being or what he meant by everyone. "Yeah I was worried and by everyone I meant Jun, Seungcheol, Seokmin and Jihoon" so he wasn't ignorant.

"You can inform them that I'm fine" Pushing him away slightly, I headed towards the kitchen. The rapid thumping of my heart against my ribcage, terrified me. What was this feeling?!

"Where were you the whole day, though?" Soonyoung had made himself at home by dropping his backpack on the couch and replacing his shoes with home slippers. "I felt a little sick" His hands flew to my face, checking the temperature.

"Felt, buddy! Past tense" I removed myself from his grip. He scratched his neck at my action, embarrassment spreading across his cheeks in a light blush. "I see"

I snapped my head towards him as his phone rang, him quickly answering it. "Oh Cheol Hyung" It was Seungcheol. "Yeah she's fine. I'm with her" I smiled at the thought that someone or people were worried about me, "But hyung-" Soonyoung looked muddled as he slowly pulled the phone down from his ear.

"What's wrong?" a sheepish grin spread across his face, hesitantion clear. "They are coming over!?"

Huh?