33

Soonyoung

I didn't know how fast was I running but the pumped up veins and trembling of my legs indeed stated that I was bolting at an extreme speed.The intense shower of rain was exacerbating my anxiety, with the mere notion of her suffering leaving a mark on my existence

Our neighborhood finally reached my sight, half sense of accomplishment dawning on me. The lights of her house were out, fear gripping me. I needed to be smart and cautious.

The man inside with Hana was not your typical middle-aged man; rather, he was a killer who had spent the previous day escaping from prison.

I grabbed a metal rod from her house's garage and crept around to the rear door. Luckily, it could be unlocked. I walked into the house without saying anything.

I felt like running there and embracing Kang Hana as I saw the image in front of my eyes. With tears running down her cheeks and hollow, distant eyes, she sat there on her knees. She didn't flinch when a loud thunderclap and lightning struck the sky outside.

More than anybody else, Kang Hana was terrified of the sky's rumblings. She suffered from Astraphobia, yet nothing seemed to faze her as she crouched there, holding on for dear life despite the light in her eyes dimming.

My eyes travelled to the man sitting on the couch, his eyes devilishly amused and enjoying the scene. I had never liked the man but yet heard Hana praising how good of a father he was until he wasn't. Until he couldn't even be considered a human at the least.

I was surprised they hadn't noticed my presence yet but it was favourable on my side and so I sauntered towards the kitchen, trying to corner the male.

Shivers ran down my spine as he spoke for the very first time in years that I had heard his voice. "I'm still your father, Hana"

That bullshit of a man was trying to gaslight Hana but I couldn't let that happen. "You are" I watched the light in her eyes return as she inched closer towards him.

My heart almost lept out my chest as she crouched down infront of him, love adorning her eyes as she gazed at the man that was her father. "And you always will be" Her lips were curled up from the corners, a slight smile.

The man nearer his hand to pat her head, almost like a pet dog and it sickened me to the stomach. I didn't know when to leap out of my place and take Hana far away from him. Another thunder bolted and this time she flinched, her breathing coming out laboured.

If I don't do anything quick, Hana might begin having a panic attack. "But you apparently f-failed at being a good one" Her words were followed suit by a piercing scream of agony coming from the throat of the middle aged man.

"This hurts you?!REALLY!?" I had never seen this look surface her face. She looked confident yet scared but she was ready to take down her father, or any giants that hurdled her way. Especially her past that has been haunting her.

"Hana-yah" I cautiously called out to her, seeing her expression completely soften. Groaning and grunting Kang lay there bleeding from his knee, Hana had managed to pierce a kitchen knife into his knee blade.

Without another thought, I yanked her in my arms. Hana seemingly relaxed but tensed up when she heard shuffling from behind. I immediately covered her from the male's sight, afraid of his next move.

I gripped the metal rod tighter in my hands, ready to defend if he ever pulls out a move against us. Limping and staggering, he tried inching closer to us as both of us backed away.

Bolting with his injured leg, the man pounced us. As if on instinct, I swung the rod at him. All I heard was a loud sound before everything went silent.

"Dude better not be dead" Hana mumbled from behind causing a humorous laughter to burst between us. No matter what the consequence, we wouldn't be harmed because we were only defending ourselves from an escaped prisoner.

"Oh you're wishing for the total opposite in the back of your mind"