13

Hana

"You need me to what?" it was too much of a shocker that I had sprung up from my seat, watching him with wide eyes. "Look, Calm down first of all" I did, still standing tall but relaxed when he ushered me to take my seat back.

"The thing is" he scratched his neck in hesitantion, a long imbibed habit of his. "You know my parents are estimated business people. Apparently they have a party planned out tonight" I didn't interrupt him but just sat there trying to process what he was wording.

"They wanted to fix a blind date with one of their business partner's daughter and I knew it either ways, I was to be arranged in a marriage with her. To refuse to this situation, I spruted that I already have a girlfriend. They want me to attend the party with her." It sounded a situation right out of the books I've read and dramas that I watched. In other words.

It was absurd!

"Look, Soonyoung. I accept your apology and shit but I can't do this" I posed my hands infront of me, completely destroying his plead. "I thought you knew better than anyone how my parents are" No, boy.. don't go there.

"I just need to get it right through the night and this matter is gonna be down the rugs" I sighed. "Am not an actor, dude! What if I mess up? And why the fuck is it me? There are so many girls who want to date you and they'll gladly accept it even if it's fake" I kept on rambling and he kept listening.

"I'll be right there to cover you if you mess up which I know you won't" The confidence in his voice, wavered my doubt. "I don't want any girl to meet my parents." What was that supposed to mean?

"PLEASE! I have no one to turn to!" I knew this boy was on the verge of going down on his knees, begging, which I clearly and extremely didn't want. "This matter will end after today's party" He kept reassuring me as I sat there, without blinking.

"Why the fuck did I agree?" Here I was, an hour later, putting on makeup and getting ready for the party. He had informed me just that the party thrown would be formal and requested me to dress accordingly.

I had a bunch of options hung on my walk-in closet, because my mom had dragged me to several formal events every now and then. I had eventually decided on a black, fit and flare gown which had laced, net sleeves. It was one of my favourites.

Soonyoung was adamant that he would pick me up and I was really relieved for that cause I didn't want to pop up at the venue, all alone

Soonyoung was adamant that he would pick me up and I was really relieved for that cause I didn't want to pop up at the venue, all alone. Soon enough I heard my door bell ring. Slipping on my heels and grabbing a matching purse, I skipped down stairs.

With his hair pushed back with a middle parting, an all black tuxedo, he stood there... absolutely elegant. "Hey!" I waved at him and then unconsciously, smoothing out the fabric of the gown, afraid of his reaction.

We were coincidentally matching with our all black outfit. "Do I look bad? Is it fit for the occasion? I can go change if you want me to?!" My nervous rambling made me want to slap myself right there and then but the nerves swiftly subsided when Soonyoung suprisingly took my trembling hands in his.

"You look stunning, Hana! There's no need for you to change for anyone!" It felt as if he wasn't pointing out my choice of clothes but my...my inner self. I didn't know if he did it on purpose or unknowingly but I grinned nevertheless.

"You don't look bad yourself!" He smirked at my words and I knew it was feeding his ego. "Rich coming from you!" I laced my arms around his, as we strided towards his cars. It was a jet black, Mercedes. Dude was rich!

Being a gentleman, he held open the passenger door as I settled myself in. With the revv of the engine, we were zooming out from our neighbourhood. "What am I supposed to do though?!" We busied ourselves, preparing for all the possible questions that might be thrown at me.

"Holy Shit!" I gawked at the cruise, leaning up against the floor, fancy and extravagant. "I'm sorry I didn't inform you that the party would be on sail. Do you get sea sick or something?" there was that scratching of his neck again.

Grabbing his hands, intertwining it with mine, I gave it a little sqeeze. "You look more tensed than I am! Relax" He took in few deep breaths, while I continued rubbing circles on his hands.

"Let's go, shall we?"