Chapter 25 - Out Of Our Minds

Kaylee's POV

My alarm went off. It was weird because I didn't remember setting an alarm. School didn't even restart until a few weeks later. I reached an arm out to hit the snooze button, but just as I silenced it, I noticed his arms around me.

Ayden's sturdy arms were wrapped around my waist with his chin was settled in the crook of my neck. Now that I was finally noticing it, I could feel his light breathing on my skin and it tickled. By this time my heart was racing. He was too close for comfort and through his thin white t-shirt, I could feel his heartbeat. Slow and steady. Peaceful.

For some odd reason I felt myself wanting to stay in that moment; it was so quiet and he looked so innocent, it was as if he had never wanted to kill Will or blackmail me into staying with him for his entertainment. But as good as it felt being held, I refused to sink into this delusion of him being the good guy.

Gently, I peeled his hands off of me and slipped out from under the covers. I was just reaching for the doorknob when I saw the dress hanging on it. It was all black with a tiny white belt loosely looped around the waist part of the dress. I reached a hand out to touch it, but whirled around the second I felt his arms sneak around my waist.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" he asked. I nodded. I couldn't help but notice how close his lips were to mine. His arms were still wrapped around me, keeping me close to him. He nodded. "Good, since you'll be wearing the dress for tonight's party." He let go of me.

Tonight? What party?

"The party's at a friend of mine. It starts at eight. Be ready by seven though. Her place is on the either side of town." He reached up to pull the hanger off the door. As he did, his white shirt slipped up, revealing a stretch of skin. I tore my eyes off of him when he turned back around to hand me the dress. "Here," He opened the door to leave, but then stopped short. He walked around me and pulled his coat off my chair. He tossed it to me. "To keep warm." He winked at me and called over his shoulder, "I'm going to go make breakfast."

The dress fit perfectly. Almost a little too perfect. I didn't want to know how Ayden even knew my size. Some things were better left in question.

The engine was already started and music was blasting out the windows by the time I reached the car. No questions were asked when I didn't take the passenger seat next to him.

He let out a low whistle with his cigarette hanging between his lips. Ayden turned the radio on a little louder and finally drove off.

It took maybe an hour or more to reach the house. Technically speaking, it wasn't even a house. Mansion was more like it. And when Ayden said it was on the hillside, he had literally meant on the hill. Cars were parked randomly around the house. The whole house seemed to be vibrating due to the loud music pounding from the inside out.

Ayden parked the car somewhat close to the house and opened the door for me.

The front door swung open before we could even open it and two drunk girls giggled as they stumbled out. One of them was so off-balance that she had to place a hand on Ayden's chest to right herself. "Hi," she giggled again.

"Hey,"

She laughed and looked at her friend. She was swaying on her feet. Her friend looked a little bit more sober than the her, but both obviously had no clue way they were doing.

"Sorry," she apologized. "We're both insanely drunk. Do you mind if you drive us home or something?"

Ayden looked at me and shrugged. He turned back to the girls. "Why don't we go back in and find someone else to take you home, alright?"