Chapter 4 - Awkward

Will's POV

I walk into the coffee shop that my best friend, Louis worked at and looking around, I find an empty table in the back corner of the room and sit down.

Louis looks up from the main counter and his eyes wash over my distressed face. He wipes his hands on his coffee and sugar stained apron and heads over my way.

"Will, tell me," he urges. We've known each other since high school, and his ex, Harry, was my best friend at the time.

"You know me so well," I half smile at him. He looks at me with a concerned face.

"What's on your mind?" Louis asks me.

"There is this one thing that's been bugging me lately. I've tried to shut it out from my head, but it keeps reappearing. Like, I was meant to see it or something." I say, staring at the table in front of me. I look at Louis and see his expression before saying quickly, "I'm sorry. That was weird."

"And that is...?" he waits for me to continue.

"There is this one...girl. I, quote on quote, met her at therapy." I tell him, full heartedly, keeping no detail from him. If he was going to help me, he needed to know everything that I knew.

"What's with the quote on quote?" he repeats the hand motion I had just made.

"Well, the first time I saw her, I was storming out of therapy, and then after that, I kind of smashed a window on her..." I trail off, remembering that day. Louis raises his eyebrows at me, and I could see the lines in his forehead asking me to explain. "Accidentally, of course." I add.

"Alright," he says slowly. "but you wouldn't be talking to me about this if that was that happened. Something else happened, didn't it?" Louis says. And that was why, I liked talking to him.

I look at him with a sheepish face. "She found me while I was smoking a cig. She tried to introduce herself, but I think I kind've scared her off, maybe?" I look down at my feet in embarrassment.

"So why are you telling me this?" Louis asks, questioning my motives.

"I...well...when I saw her...I don't know. It sounds so cliche, but when I saw her, she seemed so captivating. Her eyes were this piercing green color, the kind of eyes that could see straight through your soul and reveal all your secrets in one glance...it was like she could see right through me," I look down at my hands now. "Nevermind. I'm just dreaming up the impossible." I mumble.

Louis smiles. "Sounds like you've got a little crush," he wiggles his eyebrows at me and pats me on the back.

"Thanks, you're such a help." I say, my comment dripping in sarcasm.

"I've got to go back to work. Thanks for stopping by. If I were you, I would find her. Get to know her. It mind just end up becoming something else." Louis smiles, and walks back to the counter.

I stand up, walk around the table, and start heading out into the snowy air.

I start walking along the sidewalk, the door swinging behind me as it shut, ringing the bells attached to it. The snow crunches under my feet as I walk on, glancing this way and that, kicking at the snow. This snow wasn't the fluffy, white, fairytale kind of snow. This snow was the greyish brown, slush, ice snow. It was absolutely horrible. The only thing that made this day better was the snowflakes. Call me girly, but I love snowflakes. They were just so...free. Like, free falling, maybe.

I reach my gloved hand out, and a snowflake gently lands on it, melting as it touched my glove. They were just so delicate.

I smile to myself and turn down a corner, not going my usual way back to my cheap excuse for an apartment, but towards my friend, Niall's house. We made arrangements to play some music together.