Chapter 11 - Lie

Kaylee's POV

"Are we there yet?" Chance whined as we walked down the frosted road. He had been at my house earlier, and I had just decided to make him come along and be a good buddy, which of course, he wasn't doing very well at.

I shook my head at him and he sighed. Shoving his hands into his pockets to keep warm, he grinned suddenly and turned to look at me. I raised my eyebrows at him.

"So..." he drawled out the word excitedly. I nodded for him to go on. "What do you think of Lou?"

Lou? So they were getting a little more buddy-buddy. I smirked at him and he nudged me a little too hard, that made me step off the sidewalk for a minute there. I shoved him back and he almost tripped.

I pulled out my phone and quickly texted him: Oh, he was absolutely terrible.

He slipped his phone out and shook his head at me, "I want the truth,"

Me: Fine. He was cute.

He grinned and said, "I was hoping you would say that."

Me: What. Did you want me to tell u that he was fugly?

"Ugh. Shut up." He muttered, but he wasn't mad. He actually wanted me to go on from the look in his eyes. He was getting hyper.

Me: Don't get too excited. You're just as fugly.

"You know what? I'm leaving," Chance announced as he began walking faster towards the therapy building.

I ran slightly to catch up to him, but I suddenly stopped. Across the street, two boys dressed in dark clothing and two girls ran after two other people in the distance. I squinted at the figures in the front and stared hard until my head started to spin.

It wasn't until my eyes decided to land on the jacket the boy was wearing, that I realized that it was Will. And an unfamiliar blonde was running next to him, their hands tangled in each other's.

"Okay Kaylee, how would you feel-" Chance's eyes followed mine slowly, before he grabbed my hand and pulled me off into the opposite direction we were heading in.

I stumbled but caught myself mid-fall, but my eyes didn't leave the running boy and girl as Chance continued to pull me elsewhere. Then I pulled my hand out of Chance's tight grip and continued staring.

"Damn it, Kaylee! We have to go," I held my ground. "Now." He added.

I did turn slightly to follow him, but I didn't move very fast. Tightening his grip around my hand, he pulled me behind a brick building and said, "Stay here. I'll be back in a minute. Don't even move."

My eyes glazed over him and back to the running Will. Chance groaned and shook me slightly. "Stop it, Kaylee. Just stop." Then he ran off, leaving me alone.

Just as I thought he would never return again, he came into my view and pulled me along after him again. "I lied and said that you were sick." He shrugged when he saw my questioning look.

After some more time of being dragged along behind Chance, we finally arrived at his door, and jamming the house key into the doorknob, he pulled it open, and nodded at me to go in first. Spotting his familiar messy couch in the living room, I plunked myself down on it.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head on the couch, as Chance closed the door behind me and threw the keys on the counter.

He walked towards me then and fell on the couch beside me, too. "Kaylee..."