Chapter 18 - Disappear

Will's POV

"Wake up, Will,"

I slapped away the hand that kept trying to shake me awake. "Go away," But the finger prodding wouldn't stop even when I rolled over onto my side. Annoyed, I opened my eyes to find a Chance in front of me. Then I looked around.

I found myself still surprisingly at the bar. On the floor. Covered in a sticky liquid. I could barely remember what had happened last night after that boy talked to me. And I certainly did not remember passing out at the bar.

Chance's voice brought me back to reality. "So first you tried to kill me and now I get a call at—" he paused and glanced at the watch on his hand, "—at 2am?" he tried to indicate that he was just joking and not pissed at me for what had happened yesterday, but I apologized again.

"Chance, I said I was sor—" I mumbled and sat up too quickly and banged my head on the bar counter. A groan escaped my throat and the pain that went through my head only added to my already-there headache. I groaned again and rubbed my temples.

Chance groaned as well and offered my his hand. I took it but when he pulled me back up to a standing position, I could barely even stand without stumbling into the chairs that were around us. He caught me the second time I stumbled into a chair and pulled me back upright.

"Damn," he cussed under his breath. I frowned at him and pulled my arm out of his hand. And stumbled into a chair—no—a person, and the girl pushed me away and said, "Keep your friend's hands to himself."

"Sorry," Chance apologized on my behalf and pulled me away from the girl. When we were out of the girl's way, he pulled me to a stop. "How much did you drink last night?"

"I dunno," I mumbled. "Two? Three?" I slurred and stumbled towards the door to leave.

Chance shook his head at me and pulled open the door to let me out.

The rest of the way home, we both were quiet. It wasn't until we were at a red light that Chance asked, "Where's your house? I'm going to drop you off there."

"It's..." I paused to think. But I couldn't remember anything because the alcohol seemed to be getting into my head and my blood streams and I couldn't think right at all. "I think it's over there..." I pointed in a random direction and Chance sighed.

"I'll take you to my house then." The red light turned green and he stepped on the gas pedal.

A few minutes after turning this way and that, we arrived at a small white house. Chance jumped out of the car and went over to the passenger side where I was fumbling with the door, trying to get it to open. He pulled the door open and I almost fell out.

He caught me but I pulled my arm out of his grip. "I can get out myself." He shrugged and went over to the front door, pulling out a key to let me into his house.

As he fumbled with the keys and the door, I got out of the car and felt the burning feeling in my throat moving up through my mouth. And suddenly I found myself vomiting up everything I didn't realized I drank last night. Chance was by my side in a second, rubbing my back, and leading me into his house.

After it was clear that I couldn't even get out of the car without throwing up, I collapsed on Chance's couch as he closed the door and locked it. He walked past me then and went somewhere deep into the house. There was a bunch of shuffling noises before he reappeared in front of me and started reading the label on the box.

"Take two if you're an adult. One if you're a child. Always take it after you eat something." Chance summarized and put the box down and went into the kitchen.