Chapter 3 - Girl Talk

Kaylee's POV

I open my front door, slamming it as it closed.

What was I thinking? Did I really think that I could reach Will? A boy I barely even knew?

If I could express my anger, I was sure that something right now in this house would be shattered into pieces.

I roughly wipe my tears away with the backside of my hand.

Grabbing a coke, I walk up the stairs and into my room.

I collapse on the bed.

I scream a silent scream into my pillow, and when I finish, I just stare at the ceiling through my blurred-teary eyes.

I close my eyes and breathe in a breath deeply.

The doorbell rings, but I don't bother to answer it, because in a few seconds, the front door opens and I could hear pairs of feet walking up the stairs.

A knock comes onto my door.

"Kaylee?" I could hear Avery's voice as she opened my door and entered.

"Hey, what's up..." Chance's voice trails off. Probably because he saw the mess of me lying atop my bed.

Avery sits on the edge of my bed and pats me.

"Want to tell me what's wrong?" she asks me.

I pull myself up and grab at my purse for my pad of paper and pen.

I write: Boys.

Avery waves at Chance.

"Get over here. You understand guys, perfectly well."

He blushes, but regains his 'manly' expression quickly. "Well, since I understand guys, 'perfectly well', what do you want to know?" he asks me.

I was so tired of writing, so I pull out my phone and text him: Therapy boys.

His phone pings and Chance takes out his phone.

"Therapy boys?" he asks me.

I nod.

"What's his issue?" Chance asks me, a smile on his lips. Avery fixes her dyed orange hair on top of her head.

Anger Management Issues: I write.

"He's got to be cute, isn't he?" Chance asks.

Avery slaps his arm. "You would know." she says playfully.

"Shut up," Chance says.

Tan, brunette, tall, smoker, um...angry?: I write.

Avery leans into Chance as he checks his phone again.

"You just met him, didn't you?" he says knowingly.

I blush. This is crazy.: I text him. You have no idea how to help me.

"Hey, I know what I'm talking about. Why don't you ask Avery to help you? Girl talk or something." Chance says.

Avery shoves him off the bed. "Get lost."

Chance puts his hands up, surrendering to us girls.

I smile and roll over onto my side and stare at the wall beside me.

Avery lies down next to me on my bed as I hear the door close, meaning that Chance was gone.

"So did that boy go all Hulk on you or something?" she says, smiling while patting my arm.

I smile a little and throw a pillow beside me onto my face.

"So he did, didn't he?" Avery asks, bouncing on my bed a little.

I pull out my phone and text her: Maybe just a little...

She looks up from her phone. "It's bad, isn't it?"

Sometimes I hated how well she knew me.

I nod slightly, unsure of how to answer her.

"I'm gonna get Chance back in here," Avery says, bouncing off my bed and walking towards the door. "Don't go anywhere."

I lean down hard against my pillow. I wasn't going anywhere. Not anytime soon.

Avery comes in, dragging a sleepy looking Chance into he room.

She comes over to me and yanks me off the bed.

I rub my arm.

She barely glances at me before shoving both me and Chance out of my room.

This was outrageous. I was getting kicked out of my own room.

Avery pushes us down the stairs and through the front door.

Now, I was actually getting kicked out of my own house.

I shake my head and smile.

That was Avery for you.

A cold gust of wind blows my hair across my face, so I copy Avery and throw my hair up into a messy bun, too, and tighten the scarf around my neck.

Avery hands us both a coffee as a snowflake lands in the middle of my knitted mittens. I watch it as it dissolves into my mitten.

I raise my eyebrow at her.

"What? It's for warmth." she says.

"Ooowww," Chance ignores her and whines as he shrugs on his leather jacket. "Where are we going?"

"Where do you think we're going, you idiot?" Avery counters.

"I don't know!" Chance complains.

I was thinking the same thing, Chance. The exact same thing.

"On a walk, boy lover," Avery says, still holding each of our arm in her hand.

"Shut up," Chance says again.

"Kaylee, we're going on a look for your 'Hulk' boy. Tell me if you see him. That guy isn't going to mess with my best friend." Avery says, looking back over at me.

"I thought I was your best friend," Chance says, looking over at me and winking.

I smile.

"No. You're just this idiot boy lover that I met on the street while I was buying a bagel." Avery says, shrugging her shoulders.

"And I ended up paying for your bagel." Chance remarks.

"That's only because you knocked into me and it flew out of my hand." Avery counters again.

Chance shakes his head. I laugh.

We walk blindly down the street as I listen to Avery and Chance's bagel story, yet again, because it never gets old. It was funny how they were always at each other's necks.

But I, I honestly thought there were a few secret sparks going on between them. But the fact that Chance was gay made the sparks spin around and dissolve. Or something like that. I was never a science person.

As we walk down the street, Avery points out the bagel shop where she first ran into Chance. And then we trudge down the busy sidewalk again.

We keep walking until we bump into somebody.

Well, Chance bumps into somebody.

"Where the fuck do you look? At the damn sky or what? Watch where you're going!" a boy's voice shouts, waking me up from my slight sleep.

We all look up.

Avery turns to me. "That's him, isn't it?" she asks quietly.

I look up at him and see the same firey, wild look in his golden-brown eyes.

I nod.

~A/N: This was my chapter, so yup... Don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE, and FOLLOW! The amazing trailer was made by Annie ( escapism- ) <3

~Forever_Yours_Too