Chapter 15 - Dark Secret

Kaylee's POV

It was late that night when I woke up from a bad dream. As my eyes adjusted to the dark, I finally calmed down.

Sighing, I fell back into the bed, making it bounce up and down before it settled down. The only sound that filled the room now was my heavy breathing. Turning onto my side, I closed my eyes again to go back to sleep, but my heartbeat was beating too loudly, like drums that refused to stop playing, that somehow made me drag myself out of bed and out the door of my room.

Maybe some milk would help, I thought to myself as I reached the stairs. My hand reached out in the dark to hold onto the staircase's railing as I bounded down the stairs one at a time to go into the kitchen.

Humming a tune that only I could hear in my head, my hand reached around the wall, before it flipped the light switch on, blinding myself for a second.

As soon as the light settled around the room, the light quickly illuminated the figure on the couch in the living room, scaring me so much that my body involuntarily jerked backwards, slamming into the wall behind me. And maybe that was a good thing, because I wasn't sure if I was shocked or scared.

"Kaylee," Ayden grinned slyly at me, smirking when he saw my shocked expression. "Missed me?" His grin widened when he saw me shifting uncomfortably.

I shook my head furiously at his stupid remark about missing him. I couldn't even bring myself to lie at that. He wasn't even worth it.

"Oh, c'mon, give me a break. I'm just trying to get into character, since you will be playing my lover anyways, remember?" His tongue poked out of his mouth as he licked his dry and chapped lips.

Removing myself away from the wall, I started towards the front door. It had barely been a minute since I had seen him, and I already couldn't imagine what else more he wanted from me that I couldn't give him.

I wasn't more than an inch out of the kitchen before he suddenly appeared out of nowhere, and slammed me against the wall, making me jump in surprise at the cold touch of his hands.

"Not so fast, darling," his breath snarled in my ear, grabbing my wrist tightly, and I gritted my teeth tightly, because the cuts he had made in my wrist were still healing.

Holding my tongue, and biting down on it just in case, I turned my head to avoid his wandering eyes. His hands still pinned me to the wall, and when I tried to move, he only pushed me harder against the wall.

"Say something," he said, smirking because he knew I couldn't. I closed my eyes to avoid his dark green ones as his heavy breath blew out, waiting for the answer I couldn't give him. I pushed against his grip slowly as his grip tightened on me. I shook my head at him, telling him silently to let go of me, as silence filled the heavy scented room from his dark cologne mixed with sweat.

"Prove it to me then," he suddenly said with a faraway voice as I squirmed in his holding. Prove what? I thought to myself as his strange thought poured out of his mouth. "Make me believe that you love me." he ended.

But how am I supposed to do that if I don't? I wondered and finally opened my eyes, wishing that Avery was here to snap at him for me.

"Do it for Will, then," he said, scaring me because of how well he could read my mind. "Do it because I would hate to imagine what I would have to do to him if you didn't." I stared at the boy in front of me, trying to read him. But his relentless green eyes stared back into my brown ones, emotionless. The light that reflected off of his green eyes seemed to glow in the dark and his dark brown hair looked black in the night. I tried to force as much hatred as I could muster as I glared into his eyes, trying to ignore the way my heartbeat resided to beating inside my ears.