Withdrawal Preview

CHAPTER I • Dante

"Daddy!!!" Kasen , my son came running through my office door. He wasn't supposed to be here until Monday, it's Friday.

"Dante, you need to watch your son while I have a show tonight," My ex-husband, Kaden, strolled in dressed in a fur trimmed trench coat and sunglasses, his long black hair pulled into a ponytail.

"Really? This is not our agreement, I still have work I must attend—"

"Your work is more important than your son..hmm figures"

"I work because of my son, I work because you," I picked up my son.

"I need more money..."

"Not infront of him," I warn.

"Kiss mommy by Koda," I lean him towards my ex and he gives him a huge kiss and then turns to kiss me.

"Daddy kiss mommy!!" He pulls our faces together with his tiny hands, our foreheads touch and I feel a pain in my heart.

"He's watching," Kaden whispers

I try to give him a quick kiss as his lips linger to mine his hand rubs the back of my neck. Kaden looks me in my eyes before giving Koda one last kiss on the forehead.

"Yay!!! Love mommy love daddy!!" Koda cheers.

"Yes we love you, koko bean," I assure him. I put him down .

"Lance, can you please take Koda to the playroom, and get the sitter on the line " Lance has been my butler for 3 years now.

"Sir,"

I can feel my throat closing up and I start gasping for air. My visions starting to get blurry.

"Sir!!!!"

"Daddy??!!" Koda begins to cry.

*****An hour later*****

"Sir, I have retrieved your medication and Young master Koda is in bed,"

I opened my eyes slowly. It's only been a couple of months since our divorce finalized. Since Koda is only 4 and doesn't understand so we agreed to pretend to still be together for his sake and love each-other but it's been taking a toll on me.

"Thank you Lance, I'm so sorry to put you through this," just as I take my medicine I hear a small knock.

"Mr. Sinclef, I came as soon as Lance called," he was my psychologist.

Lance excused himself before I could even fuss at him. I propped myself up in the bed.

"Dr.Mason I am fine, I just—"

"You had another panic attack Dante. As your doctor I'm telling you this is not healthy. And as your friend I'm telling you to kick his ass out. You don't have to be strong and the expense of your mental well being!!!"

"Mason I'm okay I jus—"

"What was it this time that triggered it?"

"Koda was giving him a goodbye kiss a-and then he wanted us to kiss."

"You need time to heal from what you've been through and healing starts with separation, we have family counseling for the separation process and Koda will be—"

"Koda needs us both!!

"Your having panic attacks every other day, you need to rebuild your family relationships and work on your mental health and start healing. And that starts with separati—"

"NO, I still love him. I can't...I turned on my family, I moved out here for him, I helped build his career, he-he had my baby,"

"Dante this isn't healthy, think about Koda!!! This man humiliated you, he cheated on you multiple times, he's even put his hands on you!!!"

"He never hurt me!!! I'm stronger than he is and it was only one time!!!"

"Like the time he hit you and he called the police claiming self defense!!!? He damn near ruined your career and reputation!?"

"Stop!! Damnit get out of here Mason!!!"

"Dante, let me help—"

"NOW"
Lance entered quickly shooing Dr.Mason out.

"For what it's worth Master Sinclef he's right, young Master Koda see and hears more than you think...."

—————————————————————————

Hi y'all!!! I know this isn't the update you were going for BUT I've been working really hard on this story, it's offers a more mature narrative with older characters and tackles real life issues.

I want to know what you think so vote and comment !!