Her Company.

The Next Day......

I watch her get dressed. She keeps her makeup minimal and professional.

She slips the silk fabric over her head and it stops around her mid thigh. It looked like some sort of body con dress except that it's lower half a bit was loose. It was a simple short dress with loose sleeves and a corset that she tightened accentuating her curves. She grabs a pair of black stilettos and puts them on, throwing the loose scarf like ribbon attached to the neck behind her.

She brushes past me who's still in a towel and makes her way down stairs to her dogs. I follow and wait at the entrance of the room which they were kept. She treats them like people rather than animals, from the looks of things it seems like she might've reserved all her kindness for her animals. Last week i had to talk her out of buying a mini highland cow.

She gives them food as Gretel wasn't there yet and kisses them on the forehead. She grabs her Dior tote bag and her keys to the Lamborghini Urus. She walks past me again, her heels clicking on the marble floor. She makes her way to the garage and gets into her car.

I stare at her from the windshield. I wanted to go with her but then I'd make her even later. She had a meeting scheduled for 12 pm. It was already ten.
We lock eyes as she starts the engine of the car. I'm pretty sure i have a pleading look on my face from the way she cocks her eyebrow. She turns off the engine and gets out of the car. She walks around it and leans against the hood, her arms folded across her chest and her legs crossed.

"You look like you want to tell me something. What is it?" She asks, her face expressing slight amusement.

"Can i come with you? It's getting a bit boring here and I promise to stay out of your way." I almost continue but she cuts me off.
"Go on, get dressed. Jeans and a dress shirt should do." She says before pushing herself off the car's hood.

I rush into the house and grab a black shirt and a pair of blue jeans. I pair it with the expensive loafers she got for me and then a silver Rolex watch. I rush down the stairs again and see her with her phone from the windshield.

The blue light from it's screen reflecting on her lip gloss.

She puts way too much of that damn thing.

I approach the car and get in. She eyes me before starting the engine.

"You clean up nice." She starts the car and I feel it's engine rumble to life. She peels out of the garage and onto the road. The sun hits her face,
Her eyes are beautiful, fuck that. She's beautiful. Her almost black eye appears a golden colour under the sun rays. Her multiple piercings and lipgloss sparkles under the light.
The road is unusually free today, it doesn't take us long before we pull into the parking lot of a huge building that seemed to go on forever.

She parks the car in the parking space reserved for herself.
Stepping out of the car she looks over at me who's also done same and smiles.
"Welcome to Winston Inc." She beams, a proud look on her face.

We walk towards the entrance, i look towards the left and see a bunch of people running left and right and spraying something in the air. It looks like an air freshener of some sort. People are hiding lunches and everyone seems panicked.
I trace the source of their fear and sudden conscious behaviour, Her. They fear Her.
And all she's done is get me an I.D card from the receptionist who looks like she's about to cry.

Walking into the set of offices at the ground floor, we make our way through the isles. The place eerily quiet with only the A.C and keyboards being the source of sound in the room.
The room was cold but there was people visibly sweating. She had that effect on people.

So fucking scary.

She stops scanning the room filled with tense people. "Mr lance?"

The man in the booth beside her immediately gets up and straightens himself.
"Food and beverage of any sort are prohibited in the offices, are you aware of that?" She denotes flatly.

"Y-yes miss."

"Then explain-" She pauses picking up a piece of foil from the ground. "Why the hell half of you thought it was a good idea to eat down here?"

The air thickens, i was panicking for no reason. I held my breath, just like everyone else in the room.
The poor man was sweating.

"You're in charge of this department, do better." She trashes the microscopic piece of foil and dusts her hands, leading me towards the executive elevator. Only those worked on the last floor could use this one. The I.D card used for this elevator was white and black instead of white and blue like everyone else's.

The elevator starts and i get a pretty good view of the building. There was a whole garden in the middle of the building with trees and fucking butterflies.
The building was in the shape of a ring and all 50 floors were connected by a staircase. Safe to say that this building was the kind that put Google to shame.

We get to the last floor and just like the first her influence was not watered down. People stopped in their tracks and waited for her to pass. She and i go around a curve that lead to the double doors of her office. We walk in and i immediately get a view of the city.

Her office screamed power. On her desk with bright bold letters was a plate that wrote.

C.E.O Berenice Winston. Along with an iMac and other tech that i cant even name along with numerous folders. A man rushes in and they immediately begin talking. We get introduced and his name is Raj, her assistant.
He hauls a few files and they walk out, undoubtedly to her meeting leaving me to my own devices.

I knew she had money but I didn't realise she had money. I walk around confused, everything in here felt too regal to touch, even the fucking sofa. I stare at the skyline from her huge ceiling to floor window.

"Wow..." I whisper out. Turning around sharply I almost jump back in fear. There on the three thousand dollar sofa is a cat.

A damn Persian cat.

It stares at me with stone eyes that had been narrowed into slits. It looks at me in a very 'cat-like' manner, interrogative and fucking degrading.

I make my move over to the couch and flop down right beside the cat. The city right by my side. The cat doesn't bother me though so i bother it. I'm in the middle of stoking the now purring cat as an unexpected face enters. Someone who i never expected to see again.

"Lydia?"
"Steele?"

Holy shit.

The door clicks open and i turn my head towards it.
It's Berenice. A devilish smirk peels across her face.
She did this, she knew.