Predictable Attacks.

Maintaining a poker face was something i was skilled at, but today everything seems wrong.

I see Steele and Lydia talking and laughing at old memories, I've never had any good memories of anyone other than my father.
I let Steele go, i let him go back home, i let him have his life again but why did mine seem so empty.

He came to visit me at work with a huge bouquet of lilies. It wasn't the first time i had received flowers but it was the first time I received them on the basis of romance. I didn't know how to feel.

I shift my weight onto one leg as Steele and Lydia laugh out, i was on the balcony beside them, close enough for my to hear them.
I pay attention to Lydia, skinny, graceful, and beautiful with a jaw so sharp it put razors to shame.

It was no wonder Steele and her dated. Pretty people deserve pretty things. I had seen her up close several times, her posture was perfect. I couldn't maintain an upright position for long before rolling back into a gremlin.

Her fingers were long and slender and her frame looked really delicate to the point it affected the type of clothes she wore.
Always floral, light and airy things.

I hold the bouquet up, bringing it in line of my vision. How am I sure that these were for me? They looked like something Lydia would accept. She was delicate like the flower as i walk away I noticed Steele pull something from his jacket. A squished up flower, from this bouquet and hands it to Lydia.

She takes it, gives him a hug and walks off. Steele shrugs and turns around. Seeing me he raises his hand in acknowledgment but i feel too confused to reply. I walk away quickly making it to the executive elevator.

Making my way in i tap on the button repeatedly. Squatting, I turn the bouquet in my hands, i turn it a little fast and a card comes out in between the flowers' petal.

I love you bunny.
~ your sex slave Steele.

"Okay, what the fuck?" I laugh to myself. I didn't consider him a sex slave, where the hell did he develop that notion? Maybe i treated him poorly or the power exchange wasn't even.

"But.. he loves me. How?"

.............

Work had never stressed me out so much, half the time i was sighing and pulling at my hair. Everything was jumbled and incoherent making me annoyed, i lacked the competence to do my own job.
I pack up a few files and make my way out.
I never left work early so it resulted in strange stares from my employees.
As i make it to the reception I'm stopped by our janitor.

"Hey kid!" The man calls out, i turn back to look at him. Had it been any other person I would've fired them but it was mr Stanley. The only person other than Raj or Carpet that i didn't mind having around.

"Sir, aren't you supposed to be retired?"

"Nah, i still got a few years left in me." He stands upright with the mop as support. "What's bugging you." He questions jutting his chin towards me.

"I don't understand."
"Don't you see it, the big thundercloud hanging above your head? And here i was thinking my sight was terrible." He said jokingly causing me to laugh.

The man looks shocked and taken aback before he laughs too. I look at my receptionist who looks confused as she observes our interaction.

"Wow, kid. This is the first time I've seen you laugh." He pauses. "Much less smile. You look good but scary." I smile as i turn on my heel and make my way out of the building.