Old Faces, New places.

She doesn't say anything, her face stone cold as usual. She finds this amusing.
Lydia looks like she's seen a ghost and i feel my throat run dry. I missed her just as much as i never wanted to see her again.

"W-wow, you've gotten....." She trails off.
"Yeah." I chuckle nervously, stealing a glance at Berenice i see that she's sat at her desk and watched the whole scene unfold. There's a devious glint in her eyes and I'd hate to imagine what that corrupted mind of hers is thinking.

"Lydia, the files please." She requests, her voice flat. I'd like this a bit better if i could get a glimpse into her mind but I'm met with locked eyes and a false expression.

Lydia drops the pile of documents onto her table and excuses herself, I on the other hand feel like a deer caught in head lights.
I had so many questions, all of them unanswered.
How did she know Lydia and I had history?
I search a bit into my memories, we've never spoken of past relationships before. I guess she knew that much about me but i knew nothing about her. The closest I've gotten to her is our practical all day sex session yesterday and a quickie in the closet this morning.

"You seem like you have something to say to her, go ahead." Berenice puts on her glasses before making a shooing gesture towards me. She gets to work, I knew her. Maybe not too well but to a certain extent, She wanted something but what does Lydia have to do with any of this?

I dash out of her office, Lydia isn't all too hard to find as we bump into each other in the break room. Fuck it she's still the same way she was all those years ago.

..................The Night Of Steele's Graduation.

"C'mon Via, you're just gonna end things... like this?" I had tears in my eyes, we had both graduated from college and I proposed to her during our celebration dinner. No one was there as she said she wasn't a fan of public proposals.

She said no, I thought it was because i was moving too fast or maybe i heard wrong but no, her excuse was that she couldn't deal with the guilt of her 'accidentally' kissing Clayton.

That excuse was flimsy as hell, i was there. It was an accident something that even i laughed off. It was something that happened during a game, particularly the celebration of a victory and their faces collided, lips barely brushing each other. Clayton apologised profusely over a silly mistake.

We laughed and drank beer, the incident forgotten.

"Via," I pause, my fist clenched so tightly that the velvet box was now dented. "You're lying to me." I was shaking, obviously livid. There was something that i didn't know.
"Are you cheating on me, i swear i can look past it. I'm sure it was an accident."  My voice shaky as i pleaded and tried to see reason, an equal standing for both of us.

For a twenty three year old man at the time, i sure sounded stupid, i was blinded by love, a life without Via wasn't something that i wanted to live, fuck if i lived that life would I really be living?

I begged her to give me a reason, only then would i call it quits per her request.

"We're both poor, poor broke students who just graduated. We grew up poor..... are we gonna marry poor too?" It cut me like a goddamn knife. We never had money, in fact i could count the amount of hundred dollar bills I've held throughout the duration of my life.
I used a 2g flip phone, all i knew was hardship and so did she.

"Call me selfish but i wanted a diamond ring, a big one. A fancy wedding and an expensive dress. You can't give me any of that and frankly I can't wait for you. I can't even wait for me." She sniffles, the pain evident in her voice.
"Besides pa won't allow it, he already got some business man waitin' for me." Despite her putting years of our lives behind her back, her southern accent still sounded sexy.

Yes.... Sex. I fuck her and we forget.
I was an my knees at this point, tie and first three buttons undone, she walks past me and i reach up to grab her hand. She stops, it's not like she could go any further.

Standing to my full height i initiate sex, she always loves those hot sloppy kisses any way.

We fuck against the door of my parents house. The house was empty anyway, i kicked everyone out. My belt undone as my trousers hung on my waist, her dress coming loose at the straps and falling off her delicate shoulders, skirt ridden and bunched up around her waist.
Her Legs wrapped around my torso as i tried to fuck her into having a change of heart, perhaps even get her pregnant. Then she wouldn't have a choice but to stay with me.

By the time we were done it was 11:30 sharp, pretty sure the whole room stunk of sex. She picked up her stuff, i managed to steal a hair tie from her. I watch as she hastily gathers her things before slipping me a goddamn wedding invitation.

"Run away with me." I asked, my voice hoarse and my red eyes an evidence of the tears i spilled.

Her eyes and voice matched mine. "No."

That was all i got from her, a simple no. The last words she ever spoke to me.

That night for the first time ever, i smoked. Not a stick or two. But my dad's whole pack, finished a bottle vodka too. It wasn't enough, I wanted one thing and one thing only.

To die. I couldn't do life..... not without Via.

In a drunken haze i overdosed on some medicine from the cabinet. Imagine my horror when i woke up in the E.R.

If  i couldn't keep my love from slipping in between my fingers why the hell did they think it was a good idea to keep me alive?

The next day, i moved..... changed cities, met a few ladies that paid me to fuck them, fucked some hot shot millionaire lady and got land as a gift from her. Started a farm, started a new life.

No Lydia, no deadass parents and no old hillbilly i would have to watch as he married and fucked Lydia. It was all a memory, it had better stay that way.

I didn't want any past ghosts coming to haunt me but here was one, the most prevalent ghost. She was pale, like porcelain. Long black hair big blue eyes and full pink lips. Slender shoulders and so delicate she looked like a flower, my flower.

One i had left to wither and die.

A/N: hey girls and gays... inspo for Lydia is Serena from the WEBTOON Serena, facial and body wise.

I AM NOT REFERENCING THE WEBTOON !!!!!

I know i probably shouldn't do that but hey ain't wattpad and WEBTOON married now? Also Steele doesn't have a southern accent.

I can't be the only one who attended their online wedding.

From here on out (at least for a few chapters we're gonna have some O.W.D {other woman drama} ) . Also Berenice looks good and is beautiful in her own way, I'm not here to shame anyone but there will be triggers of Facial and Body dysmorphia for a few chapters. We've all been insecure at some point and Berenice ain't no exception.