The Boy who Cried Chrysalis

I sighed as I opened my top secret Pranking Journal for the second time this week.

"What are you doing?" I heard a girl's voice ask suspiciously from behind me.

I whipped around, snapping my book shut.

"Sorry. That was probably rude. I'm Lily Ruby Oswin." The girl beamed.

She has waist length wavy red hair and hazel eyes. She was tall and pale, with freckles scattered on her cheeks.

"Marsha Grey."

"So what were you doing?"

"Reading."

She narrows her eyes but drops the subject. Then all of a sudden, she screamed. I looked at her, wide-eyed.

"What is it?"

"We should pull a prank!"

I rolled my eyes but didn't comment.

She took that as a sign to continue.

"On Snape! Yeah!"

I rolled my eyes again. Now, Chrysalis would love this girl. But, me being disguised as Marsha, had to act like I absolutely despised the idea.

"Look, Ruby, is it okay if I call you Ruby?"

She nodded.

"I'm gonna be brutally honest with you. I'm a nerd. I don't do pranks."

She seemed put out, but then she smirked.

"I'm not a nerd."

"I see that." I grumbled, eyeing her outfit.

She wore a white tank-top and ripped skinny jeans. A leather jacket was lazily thrown on and she had untied converse. She looked cool and laid-back, like someone boys could be around without having to listen to squealing the entire time. Perhaps this girl isn't so bad.

"So, Ruby, how about we do something else?"

"Like?"

"Go back inside."

She sighed and trudged after me as I went inside, where I was then verbally attacked by the Marauders.

"So, Grey, how are you today? Feeling idiotic as always, I hope? Honestly, why do you even bother living? You should just go kill yourself-"

Ruby was getting red in the face.

"It would do us all a huge favor-"

Ruby burst and punched James in the face. I gaped and pulled her away, my jaw still dropped.

"Why did you do that? Should've let me have a go." She muttered.

"Do you know the trouble you've got us in?" I hissed.

To be honest, I wasn't actually that angry. The was the worst things they've said to me. Ruby looked at me, and it was now her gaping.

"Marsha Grey! I will not allow my new friend to be bullied by four jerks, no matter how much trouble we're in!"

I sighed.

"I'm used it it, Ruby."

She turned to me and grunted. I grinned and saw someone wince. I frowned. I then saw the Marauders run up to me, and, even though I wasn't the one who punched James, Sirius punched me. Hard. I grabbed my bleeding, and most likely broken, nose. I suddenly remembered what they said a while ago about standing up for myself, and I cracked.

"Really? Verbally bullying me wasn't good enough for you? Do you enjoy making me feel bad? I'm guessing you don't think words hurt, do you? No, no, no. All they seem to be to you re harmless little words. Guess again. You're all just so frustrating! You're spoiled brats who never even consider anyone else's feelings, no matter who they are! You have everything you could ever ask for and that just makes this worse. Guess what? These things I'm saying to you right now are only a glimpse of what you've been doing to be for the past five years of my life, of my Hogwarts years, of everything! FIVE! That may not seem like a lot to you but when you've been hurt every single day of them, then it really is a lot more than you think! You're all just big headed arrogant jerks who make even the calmest, nicest of people just want to scream. You don't know me, you don't know anyone, people really only like you because they're scared of you! Of what you've been doing to me! You don't realize, do you?" I whispered the last part and left four stunned Marauders, and a very proud Lily Ruby Oswin.