The Return

Hey! Guys! We hit five hundred reads! YAY! As a little treat, I decided to update way before I would've normally updated. So enjoy the chapter!

*~*~*

I sighed as I began thinking.

Should I ask him? Should I not? Will he me mad?

The other voice in my head began to argue.

Honestly, Chrysalis. Shut up and go ask him. What happened to bravery and wit?

I sighed, and turned to my other shoulder as if there was a little angel me there.

No, Chrysalis. He'll be mad.

Be quiet. You'll be fine.

I groan and trudge downstairs, shaking my head as I approach Tom.
"Tom?"

"Yes, Chrysalis?" He asked, still staring at the book he was reading.
"I was wondering when I could, uh, uhm, go back to Hogwarts.."

He dropped his book and turned to me, eyes wide.

"Y-you want to go back?" He stammered, incredulous.

I nod slowly.

"Yeah. I-I'll owl, I'll come over for some of the breaks.."

He sighed.

"Okay, but I have some rules. You must be Marsha, at least until you trust everyone enough. For now, you being Chrysalis is our little secret.  And you also must not tell anyone about this. Okay?"

I nod slowly with a grin forming on my face.

"So.. does this mean I can go back now?"

He sighed again, obviously not happy about it.

"Go pack." He breathed, turning back to his book.

I squealed and wrapped my arms around his waist in a big hug. Tom chuckled.

"Alright, go pack now, Chrysalis."

I nod quickly, skipping off.

I'm going back to Hogwarts. Oh my gosh, I can't believe it. I can't believe he's letting me go! I throw random stuff in my suitcase that Tom had brought for me after we began getting along. I continue to squeal like a piglet until I'm fully packed. I grab my suitcase and run downstairs, the trunk making banging noises against the stairs on the way down.

"COULD YOU STOP THAT?" Tom shouted.

"NO!" I laugh, and make the noise louder.

I hear him groan and beam in pride. I'm gonna miss this, really. At least I can owl and visit..

"Tom, I would like to thank you for everything you've done for me." I said as I jump off the stairs, suddenly getting serious, "Without you, I wouldn't have learned to appreciate what I have. I also wouldn't be as close to Chrysalis as I am now. I've discovered myself, Tom. And even though we got off to a rocky start," Regret shines in his eyes as I say that, but I continue, "I feel like your a second dad to me.."

"Thank you, Chrysalis. Would you mind horribly if I asked you what happened to your parents?"

Regret now shone in my eyes as I remember the reason.

"I don't remember most of it." I whispered, looking away.

"I'm sorry if it offends you, Chrysalis-"

"No, no, I need to tell someone Tom. I do remember a lot but I wasn't just gonna say that.."

I began to tell him my story.