20

4 years later...

"Sam! Do you have Nat?" Brooklyn grabbed Foster from the ground and put on his small baby shoes. "Cameron go find your sister!" After having triplets Brooklyn was wondering if having a big family was what she wanted. She loved them to death but almost everyday was a challenge. Cameron had just turned four and he was a big help with the triplets.

"I found Bella!" Cameron's voice came from the kitchen. Brooklyn ran to the kitchen and grabbed the one year old from the floor.

"Thank you Cammy. Can you go get your shoes on?" She ruffled Cam's hair and put Isabella in her car seat. They were still in their small three bedroom house on the water front. Pretty soon they would have to upgrade to a bigger house. They could barely fit three cribs in the triplets room. They had to sacrifice Jen's Honda for a mini van. 

"Sam! You found Natalie?" Brooklyn brushed her hair into a bun and ran out the door. 

"Yes, she's in her car seat." Sam got into the driver's seat and kissed Brooklyn. "You look beautiful."

"So do you, I mean, you look handsome." Brooklyn smiled at Sam as she turned around in her seat to count all of her children. 

"Ok, we have Cameron, Foster, Nat, and Bella. We can go." Brooklyn sighed and sat back in her seat. "Off to church." 

"We were going to look at houses today?" Sam looked at her when they pulled into the church parking lot.

"Bryson said he could babysit today. I still can't believe he said he moved his stuff in the office and sleeps on the couch every night just for the triplets." Brooklyn balanced her purse, Bella and Foster. Sam took Cameron and Nat, opening the door for Brooklyn.

"When will we ever get to church on time?" Brooklyn wondered out loud as she walked over to the nursery. There was a sign saying 'The nursery will be closed this week for renovation."

"Great." Brooklyn rolled her eyes and walked into the back of the sanctuary. "Now if all of our children could sleep through the whole service." Sam smiled at Brooklyn and shifted Cameron on his leg. 

"We can be rid of them the whole afternoon." Sam whispered. "I'll take you out for lunch. We can have great sex in the back of our car. It'll be like old times. I'm sure Bryson can handle the kids." After the service Brooklyn practically sprinted out of the church. Sam dropped off the kids at the house and drove to a small cafe. A small gurgling noise came from the back seat.

"Foster! We forget to drop him off!" Brooklyn turned around and got Foster out of his car seat.

"At least it's only one. Come on they have dinosaur nuggets here." Sam picked up Foster and tickled his feet. Brooklyn laughed and held Sam's hand.

"So what was our price range for the house?" Brooklyn handed Foster another dinosaur shaped chicken and he happily waved it around.

"We decided seven hundred right?" Sam nodded and waved over the waitress for the bill. Brooklyn looked at her son. He was the spitting image of Sam and his eyes were like Sam's too. Grey and green unlike Cameron's who were caramel brown. The two girls had dark brown hair and green eyes. Cam looked more like Brooklyn appearance wise. 

Sam drove to the first house. It was in a newer neighbourhood but was in their price range. It was a nice sized dark brown house with five bedrooms and extra space that could be converted into more space for another baby and Bryson. They had been looking at listings as much as they could but with three babies and a toddler it was pretty challenging. Brooklyn was pretty tired of house hunting and if they liked this one they decided they would put an offer on it. The realtor met them outside.

"This is a pretty big house for just the three of you. Are you sure you want this one?"

"We have four kids." Sam held Foster and laughed.

"What! How you can have four kids! You must be like twenty five!" The young realtor stood embarrassed. 

"It's ok. We left the other three at home." Brooklyn smiled. They toured through the house to find out it came partly furnished but they would have to replace some appliances.

"That's a bonus." Sam looked at Brooklyn.

"Can we put an offer on it?" Brooklyn asked hopefully.

"Sure. I doubt anyone will put another one on. It was a foreclosure and it's been on the market for a while. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want this house." The realtor gave them a time to come and sign some papers at her office.

"Our second house! Already." Brooklyn laughed. "I do hate packing though."

"Don't worry when your running after the triplets I'll do most of the packing."

"I can't imagine what they'll be like when their teenagers." Brooklyn looked back at the sleeping Foster. 

"One step at a time, Brooklyn. We kind of missed the boat with the triplets though." He tried to hide a smile.

"Sometimes I wish that I would've missed the boat with you." Brooklyn pretended to scowl, then burst out laughing.

"Hey! You're going to regret that!" 

"Remember how you asked how many kids you wanted to have? This is your punishment." Brooklyn laughed and thought of Foster, Bella and Nat.

"I don't mind them actually. I like being a dad."

"What about being a wonderful husband?"

"Mmhm. That's the best part." Sam kissed her with a newfound passion and got Foster out of the back seat. 

"We should take the kids out individually more often."

"Let's just see how Bry managed." Just as Sam said that the door opened and Bryson came out with Bella.

"Do not try finger painting. Please." Bryson's hair was sticking up and he had green and yellow paint streaked through it. He panted and handed Bella to Brooklyn. 

"Maybe the new owners of this house like blue and green carpet." Brooklyn whispered in Sam's ear and kissed his neck.

"Should I go rent a carpet cleaner?"

"I think so. Can you get more chicken nuggets on the way home? It seems to be the staple of this household." Brooklyn laughed and watched as her husband drove away leaving her with an armful of children. Or should she say houseful?