23.5

"Come on Cade." Avery held out her hand for her son. Cade was brown eyed just like his dad and let's just say red and brown hair don't really mix. Avery hadn't talked to Sam and Brooklyn for a while but knowing they had just gone on their honey moon she hadn't had a chance to talk to them. She knew they had four kids but they hadn't gotten together after Jackson had left six years ago. Putting her son in her car seat she drove home from the day care to find Gavin working on his laptop. 

"Hey. What are you working on?" Avery put her purse on the table.

"Banking stuff." Gavin sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"That means it's bad right?" Avery opened the fridge to find no milk.

"Yeah." Gavin closed the computer and turned on the stove and got out a pot. 

"We don't have any money do we?" Avery stood in between him and the fridge.

"No, I wouldn't put it like that..." 

"Gavin what are we going to do?"

"Well, I was thinking we could rent out the basement since it's a walk out and I've already found a renter to come look at it..."

"What!? A renter! When's she coming!"

"It's a he and that would be him." The door bell rang and Gavin opened it.

"Jackson!? Is it really you after all these years?" Gavin stood back and let his friend in.