22

Brooklyn rolled over in bed and looked at Sam. He was still sleeping, his eye lashes fluttering with his breathing. If you looked really closely you could see a faint smattering of freckles on his nose and cheeks. Brooklyn stared at him, studying his face. He opened his eyes and saw Brooklyn blush. 

"Hey." He yawned and stretched, sinking back into the pillows. Brooklyn smiled and matched his position. 

"You sleep ok?" Brooklyn knew he had stayed up late reviewing some business plans for work.

"Yeah. Bella was up at three. I didn't want to wake you." He ran a hand through his hair making it stand up. Brooklyn leaned over and kissed his forehead. 

"What was that for? Are you buttering me up for something?" Sam laughed. 

"Of course not." Brooklyn grinned. He ran his hand over the small scar left by the wrench. "Your scar makes you so dangerous." 

"I wasn't dangerous before?" Sam raised an eye brow and sat up. 

"Whatever. You know I could kick your ass anway." Brooklyn said in mock sarcasm. Sam grinned and pulled on a white t-shirt. 

"We're almost done unpacking. All that's left is our room and the kids stuff." 

"Ok. At least let me help with that." 

"I told you. You're getting the week off. I promised." Sam said seriously.

"Men and their promises..." Brooklyn muttered. She walked to the triplets room to see if they were up.

"That was the last of them." Sam brushed off his hands and shut the van door. Jen bit her lip to keep from smiling.

"What?" Sam looked at her.

"Sorry, you have dirt on your cheek. It's adorable." Brooklyn smiled and turned into the house, finding the girls' rooms' and started unpacking. Sam's cheeks turned red and Jen caught him rubbing the dirt off his cheek with his palm. Brooklyn had ordered a pizza and fed the triplets and Cam. They were in the play room with a movie on.

  She picked up Foster and Nat and carried them to their rooms. There were boxes all over the house and Brooklyn was glad Sam said he would unpack the majority. She walked into the room and saw Cameron trying to lift Bella ouy of the play pen. Brooklyn smiled and grabbed Bella.

"I was trying to get her for you." Cameron held her hand and walked up the stairs.

"Thanks, Cammy. That was really sweet of you." She put Bella in her crib and put Cam to bed. Brooklyn went downstairs and found Sam in his office. He had on light blue ripped jeans and a burgundy t-shirt.

"Hey." Brooklyn crossed her arms and leaned on the door.

"Oh hey." Sam looked tired and he had a five o'clock shadow, not his usual clean shavenness. 

"How's work going. I can manage unpacking for the next few days." Brooklyn sat on his lap.

"I made a promise." Sam said stubbornly.

"This is a promise that you don't have to keep." Brooklyn kissed him deeply and looked up when the door of the office opened. Bryson flushed and closed the door.

"Sorry I didn't know you were busy." Bryson stammered.

"No, it's ok Bry. What's up?" Sam said spinning the chair around.

"I just wanted to let you know that I don't think I'll be staying here much longer. I got offered a job while I'm at university and they want me to live in."

"What's the job?" Brooklyn said calmly.

"I'll work as a handyman at a huge estate. The only complication is that I have to be moved in by the end of the week."

"Ok. If you feel you have to do this, we'll back you up." Brooklyn hugged him and walked up to bed. Sam followed and dove under the covers.

"Guess I can't figure out how to work the new thermostat." Sam mumbled.

"It's ok. I have you to keep me warm." Brooklyn smiled and curled up next to him.

"Why do you have such cold feet!" Sam shivered and pulled her closer.

"What was that saying? Opposites attract?" Brooklyn grinned and closed her eyes.

"Yeah. No fair, since I'm the one with the warm feet. Good night babe." He pulled her closer and fell asleep.