Prologue

Pranitha's POV
_____________________

"Prachi Dii, I don't want to come back there" I snapped at my sister tired of her ranting same thing over and over, and forcing me to come back to our home town, even when she very well knows how much desperate I was to be out of there and the reason why I have left.

"But Pranitha, I have something very good to share with everyone and you are my only sibling, I want you to be there, Please" She once again begged even after the complete rejection from my side, I huffed unable to figure out that in which language I make this woman understand that I will no be there, Not be in the same space of the man she is married to.

"I don't care what is it that you want to or have to share Dii, I am still firm in my decision of not coming back there untill I feel I am ready to, Hope you will understand" I cut the call not giving her a chance to say anything, It wasn't the first time she has called, she has blasted my phone by calling continuously and repeating same thing over and over by telling me how much she wants to see me and meet me and everytime I have said no a big no.

"Pranitha come outside Arjun is waiting for you" I heard my friend Divya calling me and ran outside wearing a bunny slipper, as I made my way out of our mini rented house I saw Arjun leaning against his car with his hand folded at front of his chest and eyes fixed on me, I couldn't help but blush under his intense gaze and he just smirked pushing himself away from his car and making his way over to me,Arjun is my boyfriend, we have recently started to date and I finally felt like I am moving own from my past, from my weird unhealthy obsession and love towards my Sister's husband and is finally happy.

"Look a bunny is here wearing a bunny slipper" He teased loud enough for only me to hear, he calls me bunny due to my front two teeth, no before you think otherwise they are popped out and so big, It's just they are little bit on top of each other and look weirdly cute.

"What are you doing here at this time?" I asked looking down shyly, Thanks to the night that he isn't able to see my flaming red cheeks which are burning hot due to his closeness and teasing.

"I was passing by and wanted to see you for one last time before I end my day Pranitha" saying this he leaned down and placed a soft peck on crown of my head before wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me against his chest, I have craved for affection since childhood, I wasn't given lot of attention and affection as a child as well, I have always been a second option for everyone and has always been neglected so every time when I receive the affection and care from Arjun my eyes automatically wells up and my body get covered with goosebumps.

"I am glad but haven't we just met in office" I raised my head and look into his eyes, he smirked pecking my nose before booping it with his pinky finger.

"We have but then you rejected my offer of dropping you and I had to come here to see you because my baby here doesn't want to share a ride with me" He faked the sad look but I could clearly see the tease he is trying to hide behind the see through curtain of fake sadness.

"Because I don't want people to gossip that I am getting the salary and position just because I am dating the boss" I pouted back and he sighed before placing one more peck on my forehead.

"You know right I don't care about people and their talk, for me you are important Pranitha" His voice was sincere and he just smiled before pulling his body away from me and caressing my cheeks for one last time before started to make his way back to car.