Chapter Seventeen

The visit of Doctor has put everyone in Raghuvanshi mansion in happy mood, Aaradhna was the happiest as she heard something positive after months of sadness and grief, Agastya was happy but also little bit bothered, he was happy knowing that within few months he will be getting back on his feet but also with this thought came the realisation that how he will lose all of the excuses to call her near, to touch her, to have her look after him and this part was heavier than the happiness he has felt upon listening the news, and Pranitha well she was happy for him and for Aaradhna Maa.

"I am going to prepare Gajar ka halwa in dessert today, It's Agastya's favourite" Aaradhna jumped excitedly from one place to another as she gathered the gajar from fridge and grater from the kitchen equipment "Pranitha beta, Could you please pass me the milk and sugar" She requested softly and Pranitha obliged passing her the milk and sugar.

"Maa, Is there something I can help you with" Pranitha asked suddenly not liking how the woman is doing everything by herself, she has already prepared meal for twenty people for dinner even when there is only three people to eat.

"Arey Haan, I suddenly remember that in all the chaos of marriage and custody we have missed your first rasoi" A frown captured Aradhna's face before she looked at Pranitha with a sly smile "I think it's perfect opportunity to do the ritual" Pranitha looked at her in confusion not really understanding where this is leading to "why don't you make Gajar ka halwa, while I look after Ritosh and Agastya" She offered with hopeful glint in her brown motherly eyes.

"Umm.. " Pranitha had no issue in making Gajar ka halwa but doing it as a ritual was something she wasn't okay with, but again she doesn't has heart to say no to those hopeful eyes and no ritual will be even close to the marriage ritual she has completed with him so keeping her feeling aside she nodded in response.

"Great, If you need any help in anything beta give me a call" Aradhna placed a kiss on Pranitha's cheek before excitedly running out of kitchen to go to her son's room,she was just so happy and active today resembling a child who got his favourite toy and it put an smile on Pranitha's face because even though she told herself that she doesn't care deep inside her heart was also leaping in joy upon the news of Agastya's chances of getting back on his feet.

The sweet aroma of Gajar ka halwa filled the house, Agastya's mouth watered by it's fragrance, he left his place at front of the telivision and moved his wheelchair towards kitchen, the sight he was greeted with was too much for him to take, Pranitha has her one end of saree tugged in the waist leaving her white milky and curvy waist for display, her whole concentration was on the halwa she was mixing in the pan and from her another hand she held the one end of Kadai to make sure that the pan doesn't lose it's balance when she mix it.

"Agastya, I was.... "Aaradhna went silent watching her son admiring his wife but still she wasn't fast enough to stop, it has already broken the spell of her beauty he was in and has gained Pranitha's attention as well, a small smile danced on her lips as she look at Aaradhna maa and rubbed her face against her own shoulder to wipe the sweat off.

"Yes Maa" Agastya wasn't too much happy on his mother's intrusion, he look at his mother blankly but being his mother Aradhna could see his sulking face he has so smartly hided behind.

"I was looking for you but now you seem busy I will get back to watching my show" giving a smile towards both husband and wife Aradhna made a run from there not wanting to be victim of her son's murderous and angry gaze whom she felt burning a hole on her back.

Agastya looked at Pranitha who was already looking at him in confusion trying her best to figure out what he is busy with but didn't ask to not give him more chance to ignore her "It smells tasty" When Pranitha didn't say anything like he has expected Agastya took the charge in his hand and spoke making her raise her brow at him.

"Now he decides to speak" she muttered to herself with a sly smirk but it was audible enough for Agastya as well.

"Good food makes me speak" He said back in response of her words.

"Nothing I don't know already" Pranitha blurted out before she could have processed the word in her head,  no one spoke after that, Agastya looked at her with regret and shame shining bright in his eyes and Pranitha just focussed on the kadai on stove as she stirred the halwa to save it from burning.

"About that .... " Agastya so badly wanted to tell her how sorry he is for everything that happend in past five year but couldn't find the correct word for it as he only opened and closed him mouth without uttering a single word.

"Why don't you join them back into living room, I will serve and bring it there" Pranitha said trying to sound cheery as she tried to clean the tensed air, Agastya only nodded back in response and left to join his mother and son back into living room and then only Pranitha sighed in relief, she was soo scared for a moment and almost felt guilty for bringing the past, the part of them he doesn't remember and is nothing but a lie to him.

Back in living room Agastya ditched his wheelchair and with help of his mother shifted on sofa, although he has his eyes fixed on tha giant screen at front of him, his mind was back in kitchen with her, her words were echoing in his head in repeated mode making him feel more guilty, the only thought in his head was how he doesn't deserves her, how he has played along Prachi even after remembering everything, how he is her criminal just like every other person who has left her side when she needed them most, his eyes were filled with shame, at that time he thought he was doing better for both of them, he thought she deserves better much better than a man who couldn't even identify and believe the woman he was in love with past 10 year of his life and only to get fooled by a liar even after how she has begged and tried to proof that it was her whom he loved.

"Halwa" Pranitha's happy voice entered in the living hall pulling him out of his head, his eyes once again found her, his heart clenched in guilt not believing how big of fool he was, how absurd it was for him that even after knowing the truth he hasn't cleared the air between them even for once, how he has taken one wrong decision and thought it was best for them "Agastya" it was voice of his mother this time which pulled him out of his head and he look at front of him to see the plate of halwa forwarded on his way by none other the woman of his thoughts.

"Thank you" he said and to her shock offered her a small genuine smile, her eyes widened in shock and she also take her seat on his left side, the light were turned off and they all digged into their plate watching the movie, Pranitha has only taken a bite of her halwa when her thought travelled back to the day when she has cooked it for Arjun, a tear made it's way down to her eyes as she remembered the moment when he has finished his halwa and was trying to get a bite from her plate, Aradhna was completely focussed on the telivision but the scene with Agastya was different, he didn't miss the tear sliding down her cheeks nor he missed the way her another hand has found the engagement and promise ring on her left finger.

He looked at her beautiful face sadly, his heart clenched in pain, he couldn't help but feel irritated seeing her crying, and he felt as a hypocrite for being irritated so he looked away before he looked back at her and the wheel in his head turned, he realised that God has given him a chance to make her his, solely and completely his, as he was thinking it already he made a vow to himself that he will not be loosing her this time, not to anyone or anything and specially not to the engagement ring on her finger, he respects her love for Arjun and everything but now Agastya was determined to get a share of her love to make her his, to rectify the past and write a beautiful and loving forever with her.

__________________

⚠️  🥴

The people present inside the room has their eyes pinned on the bed after the nurse has informed them about the movement she has seen in patient's hand, The woman in the room has tears in her eyes as she held her breathe praying to God but her prayers weren't heard as they waited and waited but there was no further movements, It disappointed everyone in the room, the once blossomed hope left them and they also left the room.