Left Behind

The call from hospital made everyone panick including me, I wasn't ready for another death another loss and seeing the way everyone was crying my head took me back into the memory lane stopping right at the cursed day of my life, I cradled the little Arjun in my arm trying to calm him down but the little guy was crying more and more in each passing second as if he has already sensed the pain and blood in air.

"Aunty everything will be alright, Please do not cry" Aashi consoled my mother and hugged her, and my mother cried loudly hugging Aashi close to her chest, Aradhna aunty was also here crying in a corner and Karan was by her side consoling her, Shradha Aunty and Ajinkya uncle has tears running down from their eyes and everyone's eyes were pinned on the door of room where Prachi and Agastya was taken.

Six hours later sixteen minutes and six seconds later the door opened and a woman came out with a smile, She look at us asking our relation with the patient and when she found out that Aradhna aunty is mother of Agastya she made her way towards her and sat beside Aunty on her knees.

"I have a good news and a bad news" she said calmly and we all held our breathe not knowing what to expect "Your son and daughter in law is safe and out of danger" and a smile of relief was spread on all of ours face and then "but Your son cannot walk anymore for now, and we don't know if he will be in future or not" and that's when we heard the loud cried of Aunty Aradhna, the doctor who was herself a lady wrapped her arm around Aunty giving her a comforting hug and leaving from there.

______________

Everyone went inside to meet Agastya and Prachi Dii, Everyone was sad but also happy that both of them are breathing and alive, I too went inside but stood at corner not wanting to get in between all this, I have already fed and put Arjun in sleep and now the baby boy is sleeping in my arms snoring softly, It's been a hectic day and has exhausted the little one in my arm as well.

"Prachi, Agastya How did it happen?" my mother asked.

"Prachi was driving and suddenly a truck came and collided against our car" He said looking at my mother with a warm smile before his eyes found mine or more like their child in my arm.

"Aashi" I whispered softly to the girl standing right at front of me "Take Arjun to his parents" I said and passed the baby to her and she so excitedly made her way to Agastya and Prachi but placed the child in Agastya's arm, Agastya cuddled his son against his chest and placed a kiss on his forehead before looking towards my sister and smiling, I could feel something off in my sister, she wasn't smiling and didn't look happy at all, may be it was the shock of accident or anything but she looked blank.

"Let's give the couple some time with the child and vacate the room" Karan said and everyone agreed, we left the room with Aashi in it so that she can take the baby from the couple when they get tired.

"Aunty, Karan and uncle Why don't we go home and get freshen up first and prepare the food, later we will send Mom dada and Aashi to get freshen up and eat the food" I suggested softly and Aunty agreed, she conveyed same with my parents and we four left to go home and freshen up.

We all freshened up, and finally after lot of persuading from my end Uncle and Karan left for office after having lunch, Me and Shraddha aunty ate lunch as well and we left for hospital, as soon as we reached We asked Aashi and my parents to leave, I have bought Arjun's cloth toys and food formula with me so when they left I entered inside the luxurious ward my Sister and Brother in law was shifted, Shradha aunty was behind me, I placed Arjun on soft pull out a baby wipes and started cleaning him, Shradha Aunty talked with couple and I got myself busy with my little nephew who was laughing and gurgling cutely.