Pre- New Moon

Val was fun loving and outgoing. Everyone loved her but none loved her more than her best friend Daniel. As kids everyone could see the huge crush he had on her, everyone except for her of course. As they grew Val found herself trying to like him for his sake. It ended with Val alone and pregnant and Daniel alone behind bars.

Third person POV

"Mamí you don't understand this place is dangerous for Danny, for both of us." Valerie Mallory said while rushing to pack her and her son's things. Her parents stood behind her dumbfounded.

Val had come back in a rush with blood on her clothes and a look in her eyes that screamed traumatized. Her father was the first to notice her state, as per usual the ever attentive father he was.

"Val sweetie it's the middle of the night you won't even tell us what's going on. And no offense but Danny should be around you when you're like this." He tried to calmly explain to his daughter.

Val, too freaked to comprehend just erratically moved her eyes back and forth between her father and the door. Momentarily thinking to just grab her son and run for the hills. As soon as the thought hit her she broke down sobbing.

Her mother rushed to her quickly whispering sweet nothing in her ear as her father gently rocked Danny in his arms as he slept soundly despite the noise.

"Maybe...you can go stay with Uncle Charlie for a while, both of you." Oscar Mallory was a smart man, he knew whatever had his daughter so spooked was serious and considering her affiliation with the creatures of the night he assumed this had to do with them. So, he offered a solution. One his daughter happily took.

Val looked up to her mother who now had tears streaming down her face then to her son and finally her father who had a look in his eyes that said I know. She nodded slowly, and hesentaly pulled herself away from her mother and to her son taking him in her arms and whispering that everything was going to be okay.

Her parents looked towards each other somehow knowing the adventure their daughter and grandson were about to embark on was going to be long and difficult.

The next few days were filled with packing and tearfully goodbyes. The hardest for Valerie was her best friend, Isaac. A boy who had been their for her and Daniel when it seemed the whole world was against them.

Vote, Comment, and enjoy!