08: Christmas with everyone

-
Word Count: 8303

Y/N's POV
-

"Hey, Y/N, can we have a Christmas party at your place?"

"Nope."

The proposal had been immediately shot down, and Lisa puffed out her cheeks to make her disappointment obvious.

Christmas Eve was fast approaching, but since I lived separately from my family and was a loner by nature, the holiday didn't hold any real significance. Still, Lisa and Jennie seemed keen on spending it with me and had come to ask me about holding a little celebration.

Lisa had gone out of her way to barge into mine and Jennie's lecture room at lunchtime with the idea, and now she had her cheeks puffed out because of my near instant refusal.

"Come on, Y/N," Jennie angled. "You're alone anyway... ah, unless maybe there's a girlfriend in the picture?"

"No, there isn't."

"Well then, it's fine!" Lisa interjected. "Or could it be that you secretly hate us?"

"Well, if Y/N hates us, then I guess we don't need her, either," Jennie added.

In their own way, my friends were probably expressing their concern for me. There was also the possibility that they were hunting for a place where they could relax and flirt. I felt bad about refusing them, even when they made such exaggeratedly disappointed faces at me. I didn't actually hate them.

That was not to say I had no concerns, however. First was the thought of how the two of them would act in a private setting. I could feel the embarrassment washing over me at the mere thought of Jennie and Lisa's shameless intimacy. Then there was the fact that I would have to explain things to Rosé. She would have to steer clear until my friends left, and I would have to be very careful about covering up any evidence of her frequent visits.

"Fine, I get it, I get it. The twenty-fourth, right? I have a condition, though - You have to set me free before nightfall and go somewhere else together to get all your flirting done. I'll remind you that excessive physical contact is prohibited in my apartment."

With my concession to the couple's demands, Lisa's face lit up with a smile.

"Guess there's nothing we can do about that rule. I'm sure we can work something out," she said.

"Who do you think you are to say such entitled things?" I quickly grabbed one of Lisa's cheeks and pinched.

"Owwsh!" she slurred. "Jennie, Y/N's bullying me!"

"Come on, Y/N, don't be mean to Lisa! I'm the only one who's allowed to pinch her cheeks," Jennie said.

"Fine, fine - pinch her real good for me, then," I replied.

"Leave it to me!" Jennie smirked.

I entrusted Jennie to carry out the sentence, but as one might've expected, she and Lisa turned it into just another excuse to flirt. Within moments, the two of them started messing around, playfully pinching each other's faces.

Now Lisa actually looked happy to be pinched. I shrugged. "..Can I go?"

This was my classroom, but I wanted to get some distance from the lovey-dovey couple before they got any more insufferable.

"No way! We've got to make proper plans. We need to arrange for food and a cake!"

"I'm not making anything."

There was no way I could fix a Christmas meal. Rosé could handle it, no problem, but there was absolutely no way I could get her help this time. That's why I quickly brushed off the idea, insisting that it would be impossible for me to cook. Lisa didn't seem convinced, however, and was staring at me strangely.