39: Enjoy The Ride

"IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER!"

Word Count: 5,676

"Hey, Y/N! Good morning!"

"Morning."

The boys who had been in our study group the day before greeted me with a cheerful tone the next morning.

Rosé had been in high spirits the whole way back home and the rest of the night after we got back to our apartments.

I waved back at my classmates and put my bag down on my desk. Jennie and Chanyeol, who arrived before me, came over with smiles on their faces. I couldn't help but feel that Jennie had a mischievous side, just like Lisa. It wasn't just my imagination, right?

As expected, Jennie's smile turned into a smug smirk. It annoyed me a little.

"So, how was yesterday?" Jennie asked.

"Nothing really special. Definitely not enough to deserve that dumb grin of yours," I replied.

"Oh, right! You guys had that study session, didn't you?" Chanyeol chimed in. "I had something else to do, so I couldn't make it. Did anything interesting happen?"

Chanyeol wasn't there, so he didn't know the reason behind Jennie's smug expression.

I didn't feel like explaining, so I just shrugged and gave Jennie a look of annoyance and frustration. "Nah, nothing much. Just a normal and productive study session."

"Aw, come on...," Jennie prodded. "You have nothing to say about my brilliant setup?"

"Well, it wasn't really any of your business in the first place," I retorted playfully.

I had been planning to walk Rosé home (well, our destinations were basically the same, so it's more like we were going home together) regardless of whether Jennie had left first or not.

I probably wouldn't have felt so awkward or worried about attracting attention if Jennie and Lisa had joined us. It would have been more comfortable that way.

"I'm good," I insisted. "I'm making progress at my own pace, and I don't need any encouragement."

"I'm pushing you because I'm starting to get impatient, though...," Jennie whined.

"Shut up. Or I won't let you copy my notes."

"Ah! This is where I must retreat. I'll spare you this time."

"You're so annoying."

Jennie was the one in trouble now that exams were approaching and time was running out. Jennie would probably do fine even without much studying, but she had admitted that passing her weak subjects without any preparation would be impossible.

When I took the copy of notes out of my folder and handed them over, I teased, "Victory is mine," but doubted whether Jennie would actually study hard once they got home.

I went to give copies of my notes to the guys who had greeted me earlier - they had requested them the day before. As a token of appreciation, they handed me candy until my hands were full.

"You're such a caring person," Jennie remarked as I returned to my desk with a pile of snacks. Jennie seemed like she were about to launch into a story about Rosé praising me the day before.

I could feel my face starting to twitch, so I cut Jennie off. "Well, you didn't offer me anything, so I just made your copy along with the others."

Chanyeol had been watching with his usual smile, but suddenly he looked disappointed. "I should have joined in yesterday. It sounds like it was pretty fun. I wanted to study with everyone too."