54: Cherishing Each Other

Word Count: 3,687

"Hey, Y/N, I know you and Rosé started dating after Sports Day, but have you noticed any other changes about yourself?"

We couldn't use the school sports grounds due to the never-ending rain, so some of the us were having gym indoors while some had health class. Just as our teacher left the classroom, the student sitting in front of me asked me that question.

It was just a guess, but I figured the question was prompted by our teacher's reminder to focus on our studies now that Sports Day was over. As for me, my attitude in class was the same as always, or maybe even more serious than before, so I didn't think those words were directed at me. But the mention of Sports Day must have subconsciously reminded the others of me.

The rest of the class must have been curious too, because they all turned to face me, which left me with some mixed feelings.

"Well, I've been getting bombarded with questions like this at school," I muttered.

"Sorry. But besides that, how far have you two gone?"

"...We haven't really done much," I replied. "At most, we've started walking home together and stuff."

It had been about two weeks since Rosé and I started dating, but not much had changed. After all, we already had plenty of physical contact before making it official, and Rosé was still coming over to my place like always.

If I had to point out something, it would be that I had been trying to initiate more intentional physical contact, but in terms of our daily lives, things were pretty much the same.

"No way!"

"Why would I lie about that?"

"Well, I mean, come on..."

"Listen-"

"Rosé's head over heels for you, so I thought you'd be fooling around more or something."

"Fooling around...? Not really. Stuff like that is-"

"Y/N! You're such a prude. We can't rely on you for any juicy stories."

Jennie had apparently overheard the conversation from nearby. "You know, any normal couple would be fooling around... You two are unbelievable!" she said, sounding exasperated.

I shot a glare at my friend, but Jennie just laughed, completely unfazed.

"...I don't even know how to respond to that. I'm not going to force us to do things just because it's what couples are supposed to do. Everything's pretty much the same as before."

"So that means you guys have always been fooling around, right?"

"Listen here-"

"I think they got a point," Jennie insisted. "You might think you're being cautious, but it's obvious to everyone. Even when I try to interrupt you two, you keep flirting. So I figured if that's you guys toning it down in public, you must be even more flirtatious at home."

I didn't mean to, but I ended up unintentionally making it sound like Rosé and I had always been really close. I tried to insist that it wasn't what it seemed, but I knew the other girls probably wouldn't listen, no matter what I said.

"Wait, what do you mean 'at home'...?" I cursed silently as the girls surrounding me started to make a fuss.

Too late, I realized Jennie had added some unnecessary information.

"Rosé is usually at Y/N's place, and I bet when they're alone, they're all lovey-dovey. They're practically married." Jennie said.

"Jennie..."