05: Mommy Invasion

Word Count: 6587

Asking Rosé to pick up her portion of the fruit as soon as the package arrived turned out to be a big mistake. When Y/N heard the sound of the intercom and the high-pitched, mischievous voice that called "YYYY/NNN!" through it, she understood that she was in trouble.

Y/N had been very grateful for Rosé's proposal to make lunch for her on Saturday. It had seemed like a veritable blessing from heaven at the time. Truly, the carbonara she had whipped up had been delicious. The thick-bodied sauce and the kick of black pepper were a perfect match, and it had been tremendously tasty.

Rosé hadn't done anything wrong. Those at fault were Y/N herself for failing to recognize in advance what her mother had meant by telling her to be home on Saturday for the delivery, and that irksome, surprise-loving woman herself.

"Um, Y/N? Is that the delivery...?" Rosé asked.

"Nope. That would be my mother. She's probably using her duplicate key to get through the front door and is heading up right now," Y/N explained. Thinking back on it, it had been her own mistake to take what her mother had said at face value.

One way or another, she always created situations that allowed her to come by and check in on her. Y/N's mother could never resist employing a little misdirection.

"..Uh, your mother?"

"She probably came to see whether I'm getting along okay... and she didn't tell me she was coming. Probably because she knew I would clean up in advance."

"Uh huh..."

"I know it's all a bit hard to swallow, but that doesn't matter right now."

Right now, the problem was what to do with Rosé. If Y/N's mother had still been in the lobby downstairs, she could have sent Rosé home, but that was out of the question now that she was approaching her door. At the same time, her mother was sure to get the wrong idea if she invited her into her apartment and she came across Rosé. There was no doubting that Rosé would hate that as much as Y/N would.

The longer Y/N puzzled over what to do, the closer her mother was getting to just barging right in.

"I can't believe this is happening..." Y/N did have an idea, but she didn't like it.

"I'm sorry, Rosé, but could you please hide in my bedroom?"

"Huh, wh-what?"

"Take your stuff with you, and once I find some way to get my mom outside, you can go back home. I'm really sorry, but please?"

With no other viable option, Y/N took the helm and steered Rosé into concealing herself. Thankfully, they had already finished cleaning up after lunch, so that wouldn't be a giveaway. If she hid Rosé's shoes in the shoe closet, they wouldn't be discovered, and Rosé could just bring her personal things into Y/N's room.

The plan was to let Y/N's mom make a quick inspection of the apartment while Rosé was hiding. Y/N would mention to her mother that she really wanted to eat her home cooking, something that would probably keep her too busy to push her way into her room.

Thankfully, they had already finished cleaning up after lunch, so that wouldn't be a giveaway. If she hid Rosé's shoes in the shoe closet, they wouldn't be discovered, and Rosé could just bring her personal effects into Y/N's room.

The plan was to let Y/N's mom make a quick inspection of the apartment while Rosé was hiding. Y/N would mention to her mother that she really wanted to eat her home cooking, something that would probably keep her too busy to push her way into her room.