Bonus: 04

Author's note:

Hello love,
Happy New Year!
Smile for me.

-

Word Count: 5,348

Rosé liked cleaning a fair bit. Right after you had met, she had been kind enough to help you clean your apartment, and she had completed the task extremely skillfully and thoroughly.

You also tried your best to clean and maintain things, but once in a while, Rosé would check and point out places where you had been careless.

Of course, she didn't nag you incessantly. It was more like explaining ways to make dirt easier to remove or suggesting ways to make daily maintenance easier, so you were always grateful for her input.

"I shouldn't be surprised you tend to overlook grime in places that get wet. Looks like you've been cleaning the places you can see, but there's some left around the back and in the corners. Basically all the places that are hard to get a look at." Rosé peeked in suddenly while she were cleaning your bathtub and immediately noticed a spot of grime you had missed.

She's wearing a little smirk, as if she had suspected as much. Just as she had pointed out, there were spots of black mold on the rubber seal around the shower door and in the back of the shampoo shelf. These places were hard to see, so you hadn't noticed the mold, but now that Rosé had pointed those spots out, they were going to bother you.

You had started paying attention to all sorts of things after cleaning with Rosé the year before, but of course, she made you realize that you still had a long way to go.

"Bathrooms are humid even if you ventilate them, and it's easy for black mold to crop up. Especially in corners and blind spots like this rubber seal. This is what happens if you don't make a conscious effort to clean them."

"You're right."

"...I'm not scolding you, okay? I mean, if you just kept going and didn't pay attention, this is exactly the kind of grime that ends up plaguing most households."

Rosé nodded earnestly and insisted that it was a common problem, but when she noticed you scrunching your shoulders up, she smiled awkwardly.

"Don't look so defeated. I think you've done a great job cleaning everywhere else."

"Thanks for saying that, but..."

"You just have to pay attention to it from now on, so don't mope about it. If you have time to feel bad about it, then you can take care of it right away... Actually, would it be all right if I helped?"

Rosé slapped her upper arms for emphasis, eager to put her skills to use. For some reason, there was visible excitement in her eyes. Either because she liked cleaning or because she was just a naturally helpful person, it actually seemed more like Rosé wanted to clean rather than like she was resigned to it.

You knew that failing to pay attention to the details was one of your weaknesses, so it helped to have Rosé point things out, and her offer to help clean did make you happy.

At the same time, you felt incredibly guilty about letting her do it.

"...Isn't that unpleasant for you, Rosie? Cleaning someone else's bathroom?"

"I don't really mind. But does it bother you? It's not an exaggeration to say that this is your private space."

"I'm not particularly bothered by you seeing it. After all, you've used my bathtub before. It's a little late to be embarrassed."