Bonus: 05

Word Count: 1997

"What are you up to?" Rosé asked suspiciously as she walked in to prepare dinner. You were just cleaning up the cardboard from a package that had suddenly arrived, courtesy of your parents.

The look in her eye that said, 'This wasn't here yesterday,' was only natural, you thought. After all, you were just a passive recipient who had no clue about the package either.

It was obvious that the package was oversized for you. It was the perfect size to be placed next to a low table. When you gently tapped it, you could hear the rustling sound of little pellets rubbing against each other as they fell.

"It came from my parents, as a congratulatory gift for making it to the next college year. Have you never seen one before?" you explained.

Inside the unsolicited package was a huge beanbag that took up a lot of space. It was a massive cushion, big enough to sit on, just like the ones you had seen advertised on TV and the internet.

Beanbags had been quite popular for several years, and you thought they were common knowledge. However, Rosé didn't seem to know about them.

"Well, I've heard rumors about them for a while. They say it's like an evil sofa that sucks you into a vortex of laziness and idleness once you sit on it, right?" Rosé commented.

You couldn't help but laugh at the exaggerated rumors she had heard.

Though you were a little taken aback by Rosé describing the beanbag as a sinister object or whatever, you knew that the cushion was indeed supposed to be so comfortable that once you sat down, you'd lose the will to move. So you couldn't necessarily refute her statement.

This particular beanbag was rather long and large enough for two people to sit on it at once. It was obviously too big for just one person. Clearly, you were not meant to sit on it alone.

'I can feel them pressuring me to sit with Rosie...' you thought to yourself.

It was evident that your parents must have intended for you and Rosé to enjoy the beanbag together. Otherwise, they would have sent something smaller.

A long time ago, when you were in high school, you had expressed your desire for a cushion like this one to your parents. However, they had rejected your request, considering your lazy habits at that time. But now, they must have thought that laziness wasn't an issue anymore, especially with Rosé by your side.

With an exasperated sigh, you put the dark blue slipcover onto the beanbag and stared at it. You would have appreciated it if they had asked you about the available space in your home before sending such a bulky object. But it seemed like they were counting on the fact that your room had been tidy when they checked in around New Year's, and that you wouldn't let it get cluttered with Rosé around.

"Mm, this is really huge, isn't it? Will you put it in your room?" Rosé asked, looking at the massive beanbag.

"I think that's the only option. My room doesn't have much in it, so there's space for it. But my mom always does things like this out of the blue, geez," you replied with a sigh.

You had managed to get the beanbag out of the packaging and put the cover on, but there was no way you could leave it in the living room. For now, you had moved the low table aside to make room for it.

Your bedroom was quite simple, with just a bed, a desk for schoolwork, and a small bookshelf. Adding a beanbag of this size would make it a little difficult to open the closet, but you were determined to make it fit.

"Mom really goes all out when she decides to do something, doesn't she? It's awfully big," you commented.

"Mhm, yeah, it sure is," Rosé agreed.