Chapter 5: New Life

"We're back!"

The loud announcement made by Laxus immediately attracted the attention of all the Fairy Tail members who were in the guild at this time. Everyone immediately stopped their activities then turned their attention to the guild entrance where Allen and Laxus were seen standing there.

"Welcome back, Laxus, Allen"

"Allen, Laxus, Welcome back!"

Everyone greeted with great joy the arrival of Allen and Laxus. The two of them nodded in response then walked towards the inside of the guild; There were Makarov and Gildarts who were still comfortably sitting there relaxing.

"Oh? You guys are finally back. How is the result? Did you manage to get the land you wanted? Where is the location?" Makarov asked quickly. He was very curious about the results obtained by the two children.

"We got it," Allen answered, "The location of the land is 250 meters to the right of the Guild, close to the eastern forest which is close to this city."

"That land?" Makarov was a little stunned to hear the location of the land Allen had purchased.

"Is there something wrong with the land, Master?" Gildarts very rarely came home. Therefore, he did not understand the specific situation currently occurring in Magnolia City. He didn't even know that the price of land in this city had increased several times compared to when he first bought land and then built a house in this city.

"No, there's nothing wrong" Makarov shook his head, he then said, "It's just that the price of land in that place is very expensive."

"Very expensive? How much does it cost? Isn't it only a few tens of thousands of Jewels for one square meter?"

"Tens of thousands of Jewels, your brain!" Makarov said angrily, "That land is in a very strategic location. Apart from being close to our Guild, the land has a seaside view that people have always wanted. The price you mentioned was the price several decades ago! Now the price of the land for each square meter reaches one million Jewels."

"Huh? One million Jewels?!"

Gildarts was stunned to hear this.

Amazingly Allen bought all the land in that place"

"What?!"

Makarov and Gildarts were shocked to hear Laxus' words.

"Can you repeat what you said before, Laxus?" Gildarts asked back with an expression full of disbelief, "How is it possible---"

"You didn't hear me wrong, Uncle," Laxus hugged his arms and immediately continued, "Allen bought all the land there. The land now completely belongs to Allen."

"..."

Silence suddenly fell between them.

"By the way, Laxus. Where is the person you said before?"

"Person?"

Makarov and Gildarts quickly regained their senses, Makarov then immediately responded to Allen's words.

"We're looking for Reedus. Allen needs his help to design the house and apartment he will build. Grandpa, he's not doing any errands right now, is he?"

Makarov immediately raised his head and started looking for Reedus. Makarov's gaze suddenly stopped on a man who was currently sitting at one of the tables in the guild. The man had a thin body appearance. He wore clothes usually worn by artists plus a brown top hat. He has curly brown hair and the brown glasses he is wearing at the moment.

"Reedus!"

"Ooi~"

Makarov's voice immediately stopped Reedus' activities. He immediately raised his head then turned his attention towards the origin of the sound.