Chapter 21: Rosemary Village

Guild – Fairy Tail

"You are in charge today?"

“Hn,” Mavis nodded listening to Allen's question, she then continued, “The third master is currently attending the invitation to the Guild Master's meeting. For the next two days, all guild responsibilities will be handed over completely to me."

“Oh? Then it seems like the two of us won't be able to go on missions together for the next two days."

“It's okay,” Mavis shook her head and said, “The gift I received yesterday is more than enough to meet my needs for some time to come. Apart from that, I also have no intention of going on a mission together."

"Is this related to their coming here?"

"Hn," Mavis nodded gently, "I don't want them to find that I'm not there when they get here."

"They?"

“We couldn't have predicted that it would only be him alone, could we? Maybe he will bring some of his friends to come with him here. If I'm not mistaken..." Mavis thought for a moment and continued, "There is also someone from his side who has the same problem as me and him."

“Someone else?”

“Hn,” Mavis nodded and continued, “You must be familiar with Dragon Slayer magic, right?”

“Well, that's ancient magic that only a dragon can teach, isn't it?” Allen replied casually, “Dragon Slayer magic is an ancient magic that can make a person have characteristics like a dragon. This magic is a very powerful magic because it is said that this magic can make a human kill a dragon. However, the impact of this magic itself is very fatal. As one becomes more skilled and uses this magic frequently, their body will undergo changes. Apart from their body changing into a dragon, their body functions will also follow the body functions of a dragon."

“…The problem that his friend has is the problem of this change, isn't it?”

“Yes,” Mavis nodded and continued, “Irene Berserion. She was the first person to create the Dragon Slayer magic ability. She has become one of Zeref's subordinates and also has problems similar to the two of us."

“…Allen, can you solve the problem?”

“You mean returning back what was taken from her? Like the body and the function of the organs it has?”

“Hn,” Mavis nodded, she then continued, “As long as she finds out about your abilities, she might come to ask you for help. Will you help her? Besides, can you cure that kind of thing?”

“Healing is easy. Since she was human before, I was able to heal her back. It would be different if she were a dragon and then asked to make all his body organs function like human organs. That is impossible. Irene's case is easy to handle. It is just…"

"It is just?"

“What will she give me as long as I succeed in healing her?”

“Huh?”

Mavis was stunned to hear this.

“Listen, Mavis. I am not a person who will help someone without asking for anything in return. I have considered you as my friend. Therefore, I am willing to help cure Zeref, especially since he has a romantic relationship with you." Allen said calmly, “It's different from Irene. She is not someone we have a relationship with. Therefore, I have no right or obligation to help save her unless she gives me a reward equivalent to the healing she received."

Mavis pondered then sighed, "Okay. But, as long as she gives you an equivalent reward. Can you cure it?”

“You already listened to my explanation before. It was an easy thing for me. After all, she was a human before and had turned into a dragon. What she is experiencing now can be said to be like an illness. Like someone who has heart disease. Heart disease is a disease that attacks humans slowly. The same is true of the characteristics of Dragon Slayer magic itself. This magic slowly attacks the body of the user of this ability. However, both are different. As long as heart disease attacks a human being, it is certain that the human will die. However, such things did not apply to Dragon Slayer magic. The user of this magic will only turn into a dragon."