Chapter 18

3rd pov:

"Do seals come off easily?" Asked Yuji as all three of them were running.

"No, it's impossible for people who lack cursed energy. Normally." Megumi replied.

"Go right! It's a shortcut!" Exclaimed Yuji and kept running.

"This time the object itself is too strong. The seal is ancient. It might as well be plain paper."

"I still don't get all this stuff about curses." Yuji said

"Where are they?" The other boy questions.

"Fourth floor!" Yuji replied.

As they got to the school entrance, they all felt a sudden pressure. "What is this pressure?" Yuji asked and got suddenly pushed to the side.

"You stay here. We'll bring back your friends to safety." He then went to climb over the gate but stopped by the pink haired boy.

"I'm coming, too! It's dangerous, right? I've known them for a few months, but they're my friends. I can't just stand by!" He protested.

"Stay here." Megumi said, Then left.

Fushiguro was running up the stairs as fast as he could.

'The curse has been unleashed! It's presence is still all over the place! ' He thought and bust through the door. He encountered a curse,

"Out of the way! Demon Dogs!" He exclaimed and doing a sign with his hands. Suddenly, two charming white and black dogs appeared. "Slurp" said the curse.

"Go. Have a feast." The male told his dogs.

As he ran and curses came flying at them, his dogs would just bite them.

"The curses are growing in numbers. They're close." He said and turned a corner.

He came to a stop and noticed that both of Yuji's classmates was in the hands of a curse.

"Found them."

"Damn it! Is it trying to swallow her along with the cursed object?! I'm not gonna make it!" He exclaimed.

Just then, Yuji appeared and smashed through the window. Hitting the top of the window and spinning midair so he was looking down at the curse.

"Itadori!" Megumi yelled.

'I think you had a proper death, grandpa. But...' He thought while falling down to punch the curse who let go of all his friend. He grabbed a hold of Sasaki and Iguchi, before jumping off to the side,

'This death...is wrong! '

The curse looked at him and Yuji looked back at it.

"So this is a curse? Not what I was expecting." He said.

Suddenly, the curse got sliced in half. Some dismembered parts fall to the ground as the two dogs of Megumi run to them and start feasting. The male from before walked around the corner.

"I want to ask you what you're doing here, but good job."

"Why so haughty? By the way, what's that munching on the curse?" Yuji asked curiously.

The male looked at his hounds from the corner of his eye,

"My shikigami. You can see them, then? Normally a curse can't be seen. Not unless you're on the verge of death or in special places like this."

"Yeah, that makes sense. I've never seen a ghost or anything before tonight." Yuji suddenly asked.

"You're not scared, are you?"