Chapter 19

3rd pov:

"I am Time. I witness the unfolding of destinies and the turning of the cosmic wheel. Yuji's actions, including the consumption of the cursed finger, are part of a grander design. Within every age, there exists both darkness and light. The past shapes the present, and the present shapes the future. Yuji's journey is a testament to the intricate dance of fate and free will, and I shall continue to watch as his story unfolds. With the hope that Stuti and Satoru will be there to help him through his hardships."

After the incident with Sasaki and Iguchi, Yuji visits them in the hospital. Sasaki, plagued by guilt, blames herself for the incident, and they sit by Iguchi's bedside. Although the doctors consider Iguchi stable, he remains unconscious. Yuji takes the responsibility upon himself and blames his actions for what happened. He reassures Sasaki that a sorcerer will come to heal Iguchi before leaving.

Outside the hospital, Yuji meets Satoru to discuss his decision. He inquires about the casualties involving curses, and Satoru explains that those who encounter curses are fortunate to experience a normal death. They make their way to the hospital morgue, where Yuji collects his grandfather's ashes and proceeds to swallow the second finger whole.

As Yuji consumes the finger, Satoru anticipates a reaction, believing it's Sukuna's influence. However, Yuji's struggle is merely due to the grossness of swallowing the finger. This incident proves that he possesses the talent to control Sukuna, a rarity not seen in a thousand years. Yuji expresses his desire not to be executed but to fight curses and collect all of Sukuna's fingers.

Accepting Yuji's choice, Satoru tells him to pack his bags. When Yuji asks about their destination, Megumi enters the room, having received treatment for his injuries. After bidding farewell to his grandfather, Yuji embarks on a journey with Satoru to the mountains of Tokyo, where the Tokyo Metropolitan Jujutsu Technical School is located. The school, disguised as a religious private institution, is a hub for jujutsu sorcerers even after graduation.

Before Yuji can be admitted to the school, he faces an interview with the Principal, who holds the power to order Yuji's execution. Sukuna, disappointed that Satoru isn't in charge, threatens to kill Satoru once he takes over Yuji's body. Unfazed, Satoru welcomes the challenge and explains Sukuna's origins. When asked about their relative strength, Satoru confidently declares his superiority.

They arrive at the Principal's office, where they find Masamichi Yaga crafting adorable puppets. Yuji introduces himself, and Yaga delves deeper into his motivations for enrolling at Jujutsu Tech. Yuji initially states his wish to learn jujutsu, but Yaga demands a more profound answer. Yuji reveals that he wants to help people as a fulfillment of a dying person's wish. However, Yaga deems this insufficient, claiming that Yuji would be fighting for someone else's desires.

In response, Yaga deploys one of his cursed corpse dolls to attack Yuji, prompting a physical confrontation. Yaga emphasizes that jujutsu sorcerers must be exceptionally motivated and perhaps a little mad. It's not a path one follows simply because others have directed them. Yaga probes Yuji about whether he would blame his eventual curse-induced death on his grandfather, forcing Yuji to contemplate his own intentions. The dolls initiate a second wave of attacks.

Yaga repeats his question regarding Yuji's purpose at Jujutsu Tech. Realizing that only he can halt Sukuna and live without regrets, Yuji grabs the doll and restrains it through sheer strength. While grappling with the doll, he articulates his determination to stop Sukuna. Impressed by Yuji's response, Yaga accepts him into the school and requests Satoru to guide him.

Satoru takes Yuji to his dorm, questioning him about his readiness to fight. With Sukuna dwelling within him, Yuji is not only a vessel but also a means to locate the other fingers. They leave the dorm to find Megumi residing next door, somewhat disappointed by Yuji's close proximity. Satoru discloses that they will be heading to Morioka Station the next day to pick up the third first-year student.