Chapter 37

3rd pov:

"In this war, the identities of the slayers and the slain hold little significance, for it is a conflict that transcends mere mortal actions. It is the arbiter of justice, the reckoning for past wrongs, a battle between truth and falsehood, light and shadow, righteousness and wickedness. This war is not waged with the intentions of ordinary conflicts; it is a solemn undertaking, fraught with suffering and sacrifice.

For Stuti, burdened with the knowledge of every potential outcome of this war, there is a sense of helplessness. She sees the paths that stretch ahead, each one fraught with peril and pain, and yet she is powerless to alter their course. In the face of such inevitability, she stands as a witness, her heart heavy with the weight of what is to come."

[trigger warning ahead]

Ten days later, around 7 P.M. on October 31st, a massive forty-meter curtain descends over Shibuya, ensnaring civilians within and informing them that they cannot leave until Satoru Gojo arrives. Teams of jujutsu sorcerers, including Megumi Fushiguro, Takuma Ino, Kento Nanami, Nobara Kugisaki, Maki Zenin, Naobito Zenin, Panda, and Atsuya Kusakabe, are positioned outside the curtain as a precautionary measure.

Stuti finds herself on the exterior side of the curtain, caught between the barrier that holds the civilians and the gathering of Jujutsu sorcerers. She is unable to enter or exit this divided space, illuminated solely by the glow of streetlights. Positioned in front of the curtain where Satoru awaits, she reads the message from her husband:

' Let's go eat some sweets after this, Okay love?'

 'Alright, Please be safe.'

Stuti's expression turned somber as she glimpsed a terrifying future, feeling the weight of impending tragedy settling on her shoulders. She murmured softly, almost to herself, "The land of Shibuya, is your thirst for blood never quenched? I know that everyone's destiny is to end with you but couldn't you have shown some mercy? some dignity? The way you are going to sallow to blood of those kids and people, did not think of how once of how they will suffer?"

With a resigned sigh, she braced herself and caught the arrow aimed at her, a grim acceptance in her eyes. "Let's begin," she muttered under her breath.

As she turned around, her gaze fell upon a familiar face, the girl she had clashed with at school. Stuti grinned, albeit sarcastically. "Ah, the bear girl!"

The girl rolled her eyes in annoyance. "My name is Shoichi, not bear girl!" She then turned to a guy beside her, pleading with him. "Big brother Shinichi, she's the one who did this to my face! Kill her! Please, big brother!"

Shinichi's eyes narrowed as he locked onto Stuti, rushing forward with determination. Stuti summoned a dagger, swiftly parrying his arrow before engaging in close combat.

Their fight was a dance of lethal precision and skill. Shinichi's strikes were swift and calculated, his martial prowess evident in every movement. Stuti matched him with her own agility and finesse, each of her movements a calculated response to his attacks.

As Shinichi launched a series of punches, Stuti weaved and dodged, her movements fluid and graceful. She deftly blocked his strikes with her dagger, countering with calculated strikes of her own aimed at vulnerable spots. The clash of metal against metal echoed in the stillness of the night, punctuated by the occasional grunt of effort.

In a swift maneuver, Stuti aimed a powerful kick at Shinichi's side, staggering him momentarily. Seizing the opportunity, she closed the distance between them, landing a precise blow to his midsection. The impact left him winded, his defenses momentarily lowered as she did a triple front kick the his face making his blow in the building.