Chapter 29

3rd pov:

With the Fly Head apprehended, Ijichi urgently summons Yuji back. As he rushes to pick up Yuji, Nanami contacts Ijichi, requesting transportation to Jujutsu High for medical attention from Shoko. While en route, Nanami contemplates the potential threat posed by Mahito, a young cursed spirit exhibiting unusual capabilities.

In Nagi Yoshino's household, dinner unfolds in a convivial atmosphere. Laughter, conversation, and shared moments build bridges between Junpei, Yuji, and Nagi. The warmth of this familial scene lulls Nagi into peaceful sleep. Observing the bond between Junpei and his mother, Yuji becomes a part of this intimacy.

As the evening progresses, plans for a movie are thwarted by Ijichi's arrival to retrieve Yuji. Before leaving, Junpei poses a thought-provoking question to Yuji—what he would do if compelled to take a life. Yuji's response reflects a reluctance to resort to killing, recognizing the complexity of such a decision.

After Yuji's departure, Junpei reflects on the inherent goodness he perceives in people like Yuji and his mother. A seemingly ordinary night takes a dark turn as Nagi wakes to a gruesome discovery—the presence of Sukuna's finger, initiating a curse that claims her life.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

Nanami and Yuji, gearing up to confront Mahito, engage in a strategic discussion. Nanami, wary of exposing Yuji to the moral quandary of killing transfigured humans, redirects him towards monitoring Junpei, who is falling prey to Mahito's manipulation. The curse takes advantage of Junpei's wounded heart, steering his rage towards a fellow student, .

Donning his mother's black attire, Junpei returns to school, a transformed version of himself. From a distance, Mahito and Geto observe, weaving their sinister plans. Mahito casts a cursed technique, casting a veil over the entire school. Their scheme involves manipulating Yuji into a binding vow with Sukuna, leveraging Junpei in the process. The revelation that they orchestrated the placement of Sukuna's finger at Junpei's home adds another layer to their malicious intent.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

The school auditorium falls into a state of unconsciousness as Junpei strides in, leaving only Shota and the teacher Sotomura unaffected. Junpei confronts Shota, accusing him of placing Sukuna's finger in his home. Bewildered, Shota denies any involvement. Infused with newfound sorcery, Junpei poisons Shota's skin, unleashing a brutal assault. He lifts Shota's battered form, poised to deliver a fatal blow.

As the moment teeters on the edge of tragedy, Yuji storms into the gymnasium, demanding an explanation. Junpei, unmoved, instructs Yuji to stay out of the unfolding chaos.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

The car came to a halt as Stuti's attention was captivated by the unsettling surge of cursed energy in the vicinity of the school. The urgency of the situation prompted her to alter her plans. She quickly reassured the concerned driver.

"Don't worry; I'll take care of the mission after handling this. You can proceed on your way."

With a determined look on her face, Stuti stepped out of the car, leaving the driver to continue the journey without her. The mission could wait; the unexpected amount of cursed energy demanded her immediate attention.