Drabble #5

Holi is coming! So, I'm going to do a early release, this is a small drabble when Satoru and Stuti played their Holi for the first time!! Hope you enjoy it!!

It was the spring of 2007 when Satoru and Stuti visited Stuti's hometown just as Holi, the festival of colors, approached. Satoru was his usual lively self, quickly making friends with the local children who had the sense not to act like brats around him. Their vacation was a continuation of their love affair, marked by blushing, exchanged glances, and secret hand-holding-little things that always brought a smile to Satoru's face. The city was alive with anticipation as people prepared to cover each other in vibrant colors.

During this break, Satoru noticed how adored Stuti was by the children. Whenever she was around, they would flock to her backyard to play. One afternoon, Satoru found himself sitting with a few kids playing with slingshots, while Stuti enjoyed the swing with a serene smile on her face, eyes closed.

Lost in his thoughts, Satoru couldn't help but gaze at Stuti, mesmerized by her beauty, grace, and ethereal presence.

"Bhaiya," a young girl interrupted, pulling Satoru's attention downward. "We need a plan," she whispered conspiratorially.

"A plan?" Satoru raised an eyebrow, curious.

"Yes, a plan," she affirmed with certainty. "Stuti didi always colors everyone during Holi, but none of us can color her back. It's like the colors disappear before touching her skin."

"Is that so?" Satoru chuckled softly, intrigued.

"Yeah, and nobody can color her, It's like when we try to trap her she vanishes" the girl whispered, eyes glinting mischievously

"So, did you think of a plan, Bhaiya?" the girl whispered, nudging Satoru. He shook his head with a smile. "No, you're asking for a plan, but here I don't even know how to play Holi." The girl's eyes widened in disbelief.

"People in Tokyo don't play Holi?" a curious boy asked, surprised by Satoru's revelation.

"No, we don't. It's the first time I'm hearing about it," Satoru explained, causing the kids to gasp in shock.

"I never knew that Tokyo was so boring," remarked one of the kids mischievously, glancing around.

Meanwhile, Himawari continued making the Rangoli, sighing contentedly as she listened to the children's chatter and laughter.

"Bhaiya, you've never played Holi?" another boy questioned Satoru incredulously.

"Never," Satoru innocently admitted, shaking his head. The boys exchanged smirks.

"Well, you'll learn today," the girl giggled mischievously, her eyes sparkling.

"And how exactly?" Satoru asked with a playful grin.

The boys wasted no time and splashed the plate of Rangoli colors on Satoru's face, eliciting a surprised laugh from him. "Like this!" With newfound enthusiasm, Satoru jumped to his feet and joined the kids in the backyard, chasing each other and splashing colors in a joyous celebration of Holi. Their laughter and playful shouts echoed through the walls of the house, filling it with the vibrant hues of their happiness and camaraderie.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

Satoru was dressed in a cream kurta, wearing his goggles as the excited kids approached him, their faces covered in colors. He chuckled at their joyful antics and crouched down to their height.