Chapter 27

3rd pov:

"One month later, three heavily mutated corpses are found in the Kinema Cinema Movie Theater. Mahito walks away from the scene but he's noticed by a young man who's able to see him. Yuji Itadori and another sorcerer are tasked with investigating this mysterious incident."

Meanwhile, at Satozakura High School, a young student named Junpei finds himself subjected to bullying by his peers. The reason? Allegedly, he was caught staring at someone's girlfriend, becoming a target for their aggression. Junpei harbors deep resentment and contemplates a hypothetical button—he wouldn't press one that makes those he hates die, but he'd readily press it for those who hate him.

Skipping school, Junpei seeks solace in a movie, Human Earthworm 3, at the local theater. Unluckily for him, the same bullies from school are also in attendance. The movie brings back memories of their bullying when they accused him of looking at Tsubasa's chest. Junpei recognizes their true nature—he sees through Tsubasa's manipulation, and the bullies follow her for the wrong reasons. When Junpei voices this, the bullies retaliate with even more violence.

At the theater, the bullies meet a grisly end at the hands of Mahito, a cursed spirit. Junpei, curious about their fate, examines the grotesque scene and decides to track down Mahito. In an alley, he confronts Mahito, convinced that such monstrous acts can only be committed by something inhuman.

As the authorities withdraw from the crime scene, jujutsu sorcerers, including Grade 1 sorcerer Nanami and Yuji, step in. Nanami identifies the residuals left by the cursed technique responsible for distorting the bodies. Yuji, with some effort, learns to perceive these residuals, but Nanami remains reserved in his praise. The group deliberates on their approach, with Yuji hoping for camaraderie with Nanami, though the sorcerer remains pragmatic about their mission.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

Previously Satoru and Stuti were walking with Yuji as Satoru told him, "I won't be able to lead you this time."

Yuji looked at Stuti who sighed as she patted his head, "As much as I wanted to teach you the higher ups have given me too many missions."

Yuji nodding in understanding as Satoru continued, "But don't worry. We've called in a friend you can trust."

They entered the room as Satoru gave Nanami a side while Stuti lunged on Nanami's back with her head on his hair as she smiled and said, "This is Nanami Kento, the ex-salaryman jujutsu sorcerer!"

"Please don't call me that." Nanami said nonchalantly 

"Plenty of jujutsu sorcerers are oddballs, but since he worked for a company, he's got a good head on his shoulders." Satoru said 

"He's a first-grade sorcerer, too." Stuti added 

"I'm sure no one would want to hear you saying that about them." Nanami said 

'Wow, a lot of these sorcerers wear sunglasses and stuff to hide their eyes.' Yuji thought in wonder 

"Ex-salaryman? Why didn't you become a jujutsu sorcerer from the start?" Yuji asked Nanami 

"We should greet each other first." Nanami said as he bowed giving his introduction, "Nice to meet you, Itadori"

Yuji bowed back in respect as he said, "Oh, yes, nice to meet you, too."

"I studied at Jujutsu Tech, and one thing I learned...is that Jujutsu sorcerers are shit!" Nanami said making Yuji dumbfounded 

"Huh?"