Chapter 34

3rd pov:

The remaining talismans, monitoring the Spirit Bash Race in the observation room, suddenly burst into flames, their scarlet glow alarming the adults present.

"Huh?" Utahime gawked as the talismans combusted on the wall, emitting smoke from the extinguished red flames.

"The game's over? And they all burned red?"

"That's odd," Mei Mei commented, equally puzzled by the unexpected turn of events, mirroring the confusion among the faculty and the two former mafia partners.

"My crows didn't see anything."

"As the Great Teacher Gojo, I'd love to say that my students exorcised them all," the white-haired male stated solemnly, pressing his hands together with his elbows resting on top of his thighs.

"I can't help but agree with him, but..." Stuti said, snapping her fingers as her little cheering ornaments vanished.

"The charms will burn red for unregistered cursed energy," Yaga informed as Satoru arose from his seat.

"It must be an outsider. Maybe an intruder?" Utahime glanced over to the white-haired male, who seemed troubled with his thoughts.

"Does this mean Master Tengen's barrier isn't functioning?" Mei Mei pondered, sending a feeling of uneasiness washing over the faculty.

"Intruder or not, it doesn't change the fact that this is an unexpected situation," Principal Gakuganji remarked.

'They must be fairly skilled to exorcise that.' The older man thought to himself, referring to the cursed spirit he had released, hoping it would kill Itadori.

'Who could it be? '

Principal Yaga stood up from his chair, his fingers clenched into his palms.

"I'm heading over to Master Tengen. Satoru and Stuti will go with Principal Gakuganji to rescue the students. Mei will stay here and locate the positions. Let Satoru, Stuti, and the others know as soon as you find out."

"Understood. I'm looking forward to the bonus," Mei Mei responded, turning her head slightly towards the dark-haired male.

Stuti got up from her seat, stretching as Satoru, standing out of his chair, clapped his hands together twice while he addressed the elder principal in a mocking manner. "C'mon, Gramps! Time for a walk! You had your lunch already, remember?" This made Stuti chuckle as she walked ahead.

The older principal kept his head lowered, obstructing the view of his eyes.

"Let's hurry," Utahime proclaimed as the adults ushered out of the room.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

Caught in the intense pursuit, the three students—Inumaki, Megumi, and Kamo—found themselves racing through the chaotic battlefield, attempting to evade the relentless roots of Hanami, the special-grade cursed spirit. The scene was one of urgency, with the massive roots closing in on the students as they navigated through the temple buildings.

As they neared what seemed like a brief respite, the hope for cover was shattered when Megumi, sensing danger, sharply inhaled. The ominous spider-like cracks on the wooden doors of a structural building signaled impending trouble. The doors exploded into a storm of splintered wood and dust, obscuring the vision of the sorcerers.