where is he ?

" I said stop!" She shouted.
" Yes or no?"
" I can't marry your stupid son. Ask for anything else."
" I want this or you know "
" Stop blackmailing me Hassan."
She pounced upon him and choked him.
" I will kill you !"
" Don't get aggressive princess it's not good for you today."
" Shut up, don't try blackmailing me , ever!"
" You just got yourself in a big trouble princess. Leave my collar"
She looked at him in so much rage.
His men came to save him from her.
" Get ready for your grandfather."
" Wait "
He didn't listen to her and left.

Just after that moment she regretted her actions.
" What did I do ?"
She gave a regretful cry.
" Assem, where are you ? Please come back, I got myself in trouble again. Come back to save me."

After some time she got a call from the royal court.
" Princess? You have been called by the royal court. Drop your weapons here and accompany me."
" Who has called?"
" The king and your grandfather have called you urgently. It regarding the escape prisoners. I have order papers."
He showed her the paper. She had been called as a suspect. She knew Hassan had told everyone.
She slammed her forehead and walked in fear towards the court.

The doors opened wide for her. She saw her father on the throne and her grandfather sitting right next to him.
She avoided looking at either of them and walked looking at her feet the whole time.
" Safeena, do you know why are you here?"
" I read the paper"
" Good. I need answers today."
Hassan was standing there near his minister' s chair with his head held high.
" So Safeena, how long did you know Agastya?"
" I knew- him since he came here "
" What is his real name?" Her father asked her.
" Safeena! What is his real name?" Her grandfather shouted.
" Assem , it's Assem "
" He told you this?"
" Yes. "
" What were you relations with him?"
" We are - a - were- a- friends."
" Friends? Are you telling me the truth?"
Her grandfather walked towards her and stood up straight.
" Is this the truth safeena?!" He asked her again in a bold voice.
She stammered. Her grandfather didn't waste any other minute and slapped her so bad that the sound of the slap echoed in the court.
" You lied! Don't ever lie to me Safeena. I didn't expect this from you. I know what was happening between you two. You lied to me Safeena, you! You betrayed us "
She cried.
" I am sorry"
" Tell me everything right now!"
" We were more than friends. I love him." Her grandfather was about to slap her once again but her father stopped him.
" Please father?  let her finish. Safeena go on "
" I - I he -"
" Stop stumbling , tell us everything!" Her father yelled.
" He wanted to free his brother Alfez. That's why he planned all this. His brother was innocent, he was framed in all this, father? He didn't try to kill you, he was innocent, we caught the actual attacker but this minister killed him."
" Did you know about his plan?"
" No I didn't know at first --"
" I won't look back to slap you again safeena , I know you knew about his plan and I know you tried to help him."
" He was innocent and so was his brother, you were going to kill his brother for a crime he didn't commit. He had save his brother. That's why he did all this. And that's why I helped him. Not because I love him, it was because he was telling the truth."
" How did you help him?"
" I opened the back door for him to escape. I provided him things so that he can climb."
" When did he tell you about his plan?"
" The night before his escape."
" You betrayed us safeena, I never expected this from you. You were the one with your own principles. But you threw away everything for that ruthless liar. He betrayed your grandfather, he betrayed us and so did you. " Her father said.
" I am sorry " she cried.
" You loved a criminal?"
" No he is not a criminal, he just did this for his brother to be saved. Nothing else. He is very kind and loving and his not a liar."
" He is kind?!" Her grandfather yelled at her.
" Do you know that because of you our kingdom's reputation has been spoiled. This was once called as the safest place but look at it now, two criminals has escaped and the former Princess helped them. This is such a shame."
" I am sorry grandfather please forgive me."
" Never, I don't change my rules for love. Ever. "
" Sorry " she sobbed.
" Please forgive me " she pleaded.
" Where are they now?"
" Please don't catch them. Please they are innocent, let them go to their home land . Please "
" Where are they?"
" I -- please don't do this, punish me but please let them go."
" Safeena where are they?!" Grandfather yelled.
" Safeena answer, please don't check our patience." Her father told her.
" I - I don't know "
Her grandfather hit her again so she lost her balance and fell down.
" I swear I don't know! Please trust me, I don't know" she weeped.
" Trust is not a word for you "
" I swear I don't know, he didn't tell me "
" He didn't tell you? The person who you say that loved you didn't tell you where he was going?"
" No , he didn't tell me . I swear . I don't know where he is."
" Safeena , do you understand what are you saying? Your statement has two meanings. Either he never loved you and only used you to get out or else you know where he is and you are just trying to save him"
" No , both of them are wrong. He loves me, I love him. And I really don't know where he is. We decided to let go of each other."
" Safeena don't make me take a drastic step. Talk"
" I don't know - " she cried on the floor.
" Bring a chair."
" I am sorry- really sorry "
" Stand up and sit there."
" What are you doing to me?"
" Rules are similar to all. I am so ashamed to even call you my granddaughter."
She sat on the chair as instructed.
" Safeena, I am asking you one more time. Where is Assem ?"
" I don't know " she cried loudly.
Her grandfather looked at a man standing with a sharp dagger kind off weapon and instructed him to come in the front .
The person holding the weapon kneeled down near Safeena's feet and looked at her grandfather for further instructions
" What are you doing? Father? What's happening?" She was so scared now.
" Cut her toes "
" What?! No no please, grandfather you know, I am not lying. I swear I don't know where he is . I swear on my bow. I don't want!"
He took her left leg on his knee, and placed the dagger on her smallest toe.
" Where is he? Safeena "
" Stop, please, I don't know, father? I don't know."
" Cut "
" No no no , please stop " she cried loudly.
The man cut her little toe in a half and she screamed with a lot of pain.
" I don't know, I swear I don't know."
" Cut the next one until she says something."
" I swear on my life, I don't know, please stop. I don't know " she was crying and breathing heavily.
Blood was flowing out rapidly. The man then placed it on the her next toe.
" No ! No please don't. I don't know, I don't know."
" Go ahead. What would you do if there was a culprit? Would you stop?"
The asked the man.
" No "
" Then ? She is also a culprit. Don't Stop"
" Yes your majesty."
" No please, I am sorry, please, I really don't know where they are. I really don't know."
She screamed with pain as he cut her another toe in a half.
" I don't know " she cried.
" Minister Hassan? Keep the search on. I need those brothers."
" Yes your majesty."
" Safeena, take this as a warning. I have instructed to cut only your toe, you know what happens to the rest of the culprits."
" I swear I don't know."
" Take her in prison."
" What? No, I-"
" You don't get a say. I am not keeping you free in the palace with what you have done. Maybe if he finds out that you are in prison, he might come back on his own. "