let me go

" Aseem please stop! You will regret this , Aseem don't do it."
He didn't reply at all, not even turned once.
" Stop."
" What else can I do ?! I have already created enough problems for her. I don't want to cause more by being in her life."
" She won't ever let you go."
" She has too."
" Aseem!"

He went towards Safeena's father's room. He waited and then later he saw her coming out. She looked pleasant.
" Let's go to my room."
" We need to talk."
" Okay, let's talk in my room. Come with me."
" Safeena , it's important. I want to talk now." His face was straight the whole time.
" Aseem, let us first go atleast. We can't talk here. Come please?"
" Fine."
She was little worried as he never spoke to her like that before.
" You know, my father asked me assist him. He has asked me get the throne. To go in wars."
" Great " he replied.
" Aseem? Are you still angry?"
" No "
" Why are you behaving like this with me?"
" Behaving like what?"
" You are not speaking to me properly."
" I am "
" Aseem come on, please just let that go."
" I want to talk to you. Safeena it's Important."
" What's wrong with you? Aseem? What is so important that you can't wait?"
" Would you just listen to me once?!" He held her hand.
" Aseem! Just come to my room!"

Aseem followed her to her room.
Safeena was shocked to see her room turned into a dusty store room.
" What the hell?!" Her face turned low. The pleasantness on her face vanished within seconds.
" He can't just let me live?!"
As Aseem saw that, he knew he had to take that step.
" Safeena?"
" What?"
" I -- I am ending this."
" Ending what? Don't go to my grandfather again. Let it be for now."
" Safeena? Listen to me."
" What ?"
" I am ending this. Ending us."
" What? -- don't joke with me now, I am already very pissed."
" Safeena, do I look like I am joking?"
" Aseem, you -- are serious?! Aseem?"
" I am serious. I don't want to be with you anymore. I want to end this relationship. I am going back to Hastipur."
" Aseem,-- you don't want to be with me anymore? Aseem? No. Don't -- Aseem , Are you still mad at me for that? I am sorry for today, for everything. I am so sorry! Aseem I am sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you , I swear. Please don't end it. Please I am so sorry please don't --"
" I am sorry, but I can't do this anymore." He turned around.
" Aseem, I am sorry -- please I am sorry." She started crying while holding on his shirt.
" Aseem, look at me , please, I am really sorry if I have done anything wrong. Please? Aseem--"
" Safeena, I wish you the best. Live your life as you want. Be happy."
" No no Aseem, you can't end it like this, Aseem, we have been through a lot , together. You can't go like this. Aseem! You promised! "
" I am sorry." He started walking away.
She came on to his front and grabbed his clothes.
" No no Aseem please wait. Please, what did I do ? Aseem, what did I do? Please don't go. I am sorry."
" Safeena , let me go. It's for your own good."
" No, you promised! You said you won't leave me. You promised you would never leave me. Aseem please stay. " She begging him not to go.
" I know , I am a terrible man that's why you shouldn't be with me. I am a liar. I lied to you. I am a criminal. You shouldn't be with me. Go live a life you deserve."
" Aseem, who told you this?!"
" Why should anyone tell me this? It's the truth! You got nothing with me. Everyone hates you because of me."
" What?! No Aseem. I would make the whole world my enemy for you. I don't care of other people you know that."
" Safeena, I am sorry. But I can't do this anymore. "
" Aseem , please don't leave me." She was weeping.
" Let me go " he tried to take her hand off him.
" Aseem please, what did I do so wrong that made you take this decision? I am sorry for everything, I will make up to you I promise. I will do whatever you say. I will listen to you. But please don't leave me. Please don't leave me?!"
" You would do as I say?"
" Yes."
" Then let me go ."
" Aseem no , no please. Why are you doing this?!" She yelled.
" Do as I say now. Leave me."
" Aseem please --"
" Safeena please."
" Just tell me one thing. "
" What?"
" You don't love me anymore?"
He stayed silent.
" No answer?"
" I don't love you anymore. I don't want to be with you at all. "
His heart broke a thousand times when he said that. She was shattered.
" Aseem, don't lie to me -- Aseem."
" I said I don't love you anymore, I don't want you in my life ."
" No no no " she weeped." You are lying."
He started walking away leaving her standing.
" Aseem ! Stop, please don't leave me! Please don't leave me." She begged him.
" I don't have a choice, my love." He whispered to himself.
" Aseem!" She shouted.
" Aseem come back! Aseem! You idiot you bastard, come back! How could you leave me like this after all we have been through! Aseem!" She yelled.
" What did I do ? "

As Aseem left the palace , he was stopped by Alfez.
" It looks like you did it."
" I did it ."
Alfez punched his face. Aseem fell down but didn't even try to get up.
" Why did you do this , when you knew you can't take it?!" Alfez sat down next to him.
" I said that I don't love her anymore." Aseem cried.
" Aseem--"
" I made her mad at me."
" Aseem why all this?"
" Once I get out of her life, everything would go well. Back to normal. I know. She will hate me . And then she will forget me. I love her so much , And because I love her, I can't be selfish with her. I can't ask her to leave her family and a palace for me. I can't make her come with me and run like a criminal. She wasn't her fault ever. I am still on the radar. Alfez, I can't do that to her. "

Alfez hugged him. Just then they heard some noise.
" What's that noise?"
" I don't know." Both of them stood up and saw crowd gathered near the palace front gates.
" Why there are so many people there? Is she in trouble?!"
" Let's go and see."
Aseem and Alfez ran towards the crowd. They saw safeena standing in the middle.
" Stop it! I am just helping my father!" She yelled.
" No! We don't want you on the throne, we not at all accept you as our queen!"
" She is not a queen, a queen never lets criminals walk away. She will bring danger to us "
" No! It's not true! "
She was so much in distress. She was already weeping. As she ran behind Aseem, she was stopped by these people. The news of the King 's decision had been out.
" Just stop! It's my kingdom too! I won't destroy it!" She shouted.
" You already have!"
As people started throwing things and stones at her, Aseem stood in front of her to protect her.
" Are you all nuts?!" He shouted.
" Stop for once!"
" She is trying so hard for you all. Her father is sick, she stood up to help him and you all criticise her?"
" She help--"
" She helped me. My brother was arrested for a crime he didn't do. He was going to be killed for nothing! She saved him. She saved us. She put her own life at sake for a innocent man to be free and you say she is not capable to be a queen? How dare you?!"
" We heard that--"
" You heard?! Everything you hear is true? They are rumors. Only rumours. I know her by heart. She is so brave." He turned to look at her,
" She is a savior. She is a queen. Respect her. Bow to her. She will protect you all. "
" And if anyone still has a problem with that get the hell out "
" If anyone says one more word against her I will knock their head off. That's not how you treat your queen."
Everyone turned silent. Everyone started murmuring amongst themselves.
" Don't you have something to say now?"
" We apologise, your highness."

She stood there standing watching him.
" Aseem?"
" Goodbye safeena. Get your throne."
" Aseem please don't go. Aseem, please --"
" Safeena , not again."
" I know you don't hate me."
" I can't be with you--"
" Why? What did I do? Aseem?"
" You did nothing wrong."
" If you love me, don't leave me. You understand?!"
" Safeena--"
" Shut up ! It's my turn. How could you think that I will be happy without you? How can I ever forget you? How can I have not run away with you?! I love you Aseem. I love you so much. I can face anything with you but I can't look at you leaving me. Please don't leave me. " She held him.
Aseem was already crying.
" I just give you pain, nothing else. I can't do that to you anymore. Safeena, I can't."
" You are not! You are not hurting me Aseem. "
" But I am the reason people are hating you. They don't accept you as their queen. Just because of me. If you want you can tell them that you arrested me. I can go into prison."
" Aseem Aseem! Calm down. Please just stop your sharp mind for a second."
" Nothing is happening because of you. Do you hear me ? Nothing. I am very happy with you. I want to be with you. Please don't leave me stranded like this? Please?"
" Aseem?"