43

Freya's POV

"So." Sophia says as she looks at Raven and I from the bus row in front of us. "How did Frizzy come about given Freya has locs?"

"She woke up one morning and she had some loose hairs that looked all frizzy so now she's my Frizzy."

"Oh." Sophia says with a smile. "Cute."

Raven and I chuckle then we take our line-up for tonight's game against Angel City from Jaelin who's sitting next to Sophia.

1-Katana Solo
2-Ona Batlle
4-Jasmine Hadid
12-Tierna Davidson
3-Katja Nordström
6-Jaelin Howell (C)
14-Aitana Bonmatí
11-Alexia Putellas
9-Sophia Smith
10-Raven Lovato
7-Freya Nightingale

After I look at the line-up, I pass it behind us then I relax with Raven.

Once at BMO Stadium, the bus parks then everyone gets off and heads to the locker room.

When we get to the locker room everyone puts their stuff down in their respective lockers.

After my stuff is put up in my locker, my teammates and I head outside for the pitch inspection.

When I get onto the pitch, I head to the center circle, stand on the center spot, then I do the Haka.

Taringa whakarongo!
Kia rite! Kia rite! Kia mau!
Hī!
Ringa ringa pakia!
Waewae takahia kia kino nei hoki!
Kia kino nei hoki!
Ka mate, ka mate
Ka ora' Ka ora'
Ka mate, ka mate
Ka ora' Ka ora'
Tēnei te tangata pūhuruhuru
Nāna ne I tiki mai whakawhiti te rā
A Upane! Ka Upane!
A Upane Kaupane
Whiti te rā,!
Hī!

After I finish doing the Haka, I head back to the locker room.

When I get to my locker I take my AirPods out, then I take out my nose ring, I take off my necklaces, earrings, bracelet, and my rings.

After my jewelry is off, I put my jewelry in it's safe then I put my jewelry safe, phone, and AirPods in my bag.

Once I'm jewelry free I take off my clothes and put my dark brown locs up in a ponytail then I put on my warm up top and my game shorts.

I then sit down in my locker and put on my socks, my shin pads and my yellow boots.

Once I'm dressed Sophia comes over and sits in-between my legs.

"Hey Soph." I say.

"Hi Frey." Sophia says as she hugs my leg then she sits up straight as I begin running my fingers through her long luscious hair.

After a minute of playing with my friend's hair, I pull it back into the normal bubble braid she puts it in for games.

Once Sophia's hair is in a bubble braid, I lean down and kiss my friends head.

After I kiss her head, Sophia and I get up, walk out of the locker room, and head onto the field with the outfield players.

When I get on the pitch I run through my warm ups with the starters for a while then we head back to the locker room.

Once in the locker room I change out of the training top and change into my Colorado gold jersey while Amaka does her last minute talks.

When the last minute talks end, we are told to head to the tunnel so I kiss my girlfriend and hug her before I head out to the tunnel

Once in the tunnel, I line-up in-between Sophia and Raven then I wait for us to be called out.

Minutes later we are told to head out onto the field for the prematch stuff so I follow Sophia out onto the field.

Once on the field we stand in line for a few seconds then we shake hands with the Angel City players.

After we shake hands, we take a starting XI picture, Jaelin does the coin toss, then we do our team huddle before we head onto the field.

"LET'S GO LADIES." One of the subs shouts. "LET'S FUCKING GO."

- - - - -

"You look stuck." I hear my girlfriend say so I look up from my song book and lay eyes on my girlfriend

" I hear my girlfriend say so I look up from my song book and lay eyes on my girlfriend

"Fuck me." I mumble as I ogle my girlfriend.

Raven chuckles then she sits across the table from me.

"Are you stuck?" Raven asks as she hands me my drink.

"Well I think the songs out of my head." I say as Raven and I's friends sit around us.

We beat Angel City 3-0 and now Raven, Katana, Mikaela, Sophia, Jaelin, Tierna, and I are hanging out with Christen, Sahara, Tobin, Ashley Sanchez, and Trinity Rodman.

"But like always I have no fucking clue what to do with it." I say.

"Well what does it sound like?" Christen asks so I sing the song that's been stuck in my head.

If I ain't got nothing, I got you
If I ain't got something, I don't give a damn
Cause I got it with you
I don't know much about algebra, but I know 1+1 equals 2
And it's me and you
That's all we'll have when the world is through

Cause baby, we ain't got nothing without love
Darling, you got enough for the both of us
So come on, baby, make love to me

When my days look low
Pull me in close and don't let me go, make love to me
So when the world's at war, let our love heal us all
Right now, baby, make love to me
We, me, me, me
Oh, make love to me

Hey, I don't know much about guns, but I
I've been shot by you, hey
And I don't know when I'm gon' die, but I hope
That I'm gon' die by you, hey
I don't know much about fighting, but I
I know I will fight for you, hey
Just when I ball up my fist, I realize
I'm laying right next to you

Baby, we ain't got nothing but love
And darling, you got enough for the both of us
Ooh, make love to me

When my days look low
Pull me in close and don't let me go, make love to me
So when the world's at war, let our love heal us all
Help me let down my guard
Make love to me, me, me, me, me
Oh, oh, make love to me, me, me, me, me

"Well if you put that out then I think it'll be a lot of people's couples song." Katana says.

"If I did that then people would just compare me to my Mom." I say. "And that shit is annoying."

"Does that happen often?" Sahara asks.

"It's happened with every song I put out." I say.

"Well that seems like it'd be annoying." Tobin says.

"It is Tobin." I say. "It very much is."