97

Raven's POV

"Finally it rains." Cosette says as she walks into the theater room in our home.

"Seriously." Everest says.

"Hopefully it helps with that fire down south." I say.

Some dumbass couple decided to have a gender reveal out in nature and started another fucking wildfire.

It's like 50% contained at the moment so hopefully the rain will help with the fire.

"Why does tv suck now a days?" Rose asks as she flips through the tv channels.

"It costs more to make good shows." Freya says as she sits down next to me then she looks at me and smiles. "I found my ice cream."

"Told you we still had some." I say with a smile.

"My video is up by the way." Freya says.

"What video?" Cosette asks.

"The one I did at my happy place." Freya says.

"Happy place?" Jessie Harris questions.

It's fucking dumping outside so the US and Canada ladies are relaxing in Freya and I's home.

"Ooh." Sophia says then she links her phone up with the projector in the theater room.

Once Sophia's phone is linked up she pulls up Freya's newest YouTube video.

Understandably Freya's been struggling with almost dying so she decided to hire a film crew and go hiking with her doggies while talking about any and everything she can think about.

"Why you always gotta look sexy when you hike?" I ask.

"I am always sexy." Freya says.

"True." I say then Sophia presses play on the video.

Once the video starts Freya is shown hiking on her favorite trail with her 6 doggies.

"This is a personal story about places, about going places in your mind." Freya says in the video. "And I suppose about the power of daydreams."

"Ooh." One of the Canadians says.

"A few months ago I was in a coma in a hospital ICU recovering from one of my old stab wounds opening up." Freya says. "And things apparently weren't looking very good, but I didn't know because there was a lot of morphine flowing around my system."

Things were definitely not looking good.

"When I finally woke I spent a lot of time with my wife in a normal hospital room and we talked about a lot of things." Freya says. "And one of the things I shared with my wife Raven was a dream I'd had during my coma."

I think I know what this is about.

"The Dream I had was incredibly vivid." Freya says. "Probably because of the morphine." 

"Morphine's the shit." Someone whispers.

"But in my dream I was walking this trail in the Rocky Mountains." Freya says. "And I was having a lovely time strolling along."

It is a very nice trail to hike.

"And while I was walking I got the sense of....well you know when you're in trouble when you were a teenager staying out just a bit too late." Freya says. "You're not definitely in massive trouble yet, but you're in a bit of trouble."

I hate that feeling.

"Well that feeling grew and grew and grew as I walked up this particular trail until I reached this tree." Freya says as she stops in front of the tree she's talking about. "And as I got closer and closer to the tree that sense of ooh I really am in trouble, I'm gonna be shouted at, and the feeling grew and grew until I turned back."

WHEW.

"I didn't walk round this tree and I woke up after that." Freya says. "And that's the dream I told Raven about."

"Nice dream." Someone mumbles.

"Raven told me her side of the story because at the same time I was having that dream she was called in and told 'We're sorry Mrs. Nightingale, but it's not looking good." Freya says. "They said it's not looking good and we think we're going to lose her."

That day fucking sucked.

"And as someone does in that situation it took a while for Raven to process that then after dinner that night she asked my Mama if she could shout at me." Freya says. "My Mama said yes so Raven shouted at me and that's when I turned back from this tree and woke up."

"Yay." Cosette mumbles.

"It's true." Freya says. "Well I mean I didn't really come up to this tree, I was in a coma in Denver, but my mind did and my mind is who I am."

Freya can get deep some times.

"I know that very well having damaged it a few years ago." Freya says. "But I've taken huge Solace from that ever since because that was my last thought."

I wonder what my last thought will be.

"And my last thought took me to somewhere I love and somewhere I'm happy." Freya says. "And that last thought, if I had shut down and stopped, would have echoed as far as I was concerned for all of eternity and I've found immense comfort from it ever since."

As the video continues I see a few ladies wiping their eyes.

"I'm not scared of this old tree." Freya says. "I pass it regularly when I hike this trail and every time I pass it I do feel comforted."

"This is one hell of a video." Someone mumbles.

"I know it's where I'll go." Freya says. "And it's still here and I'm still here."

"Yeah you are." Jaelin says.

"But it does speak of the importance of place and the joy of being connected with the place." Freya says. "And I know this is very very genuinely where I am and where one day I will be."

"Philosopher Freya." Someone says.

"And one day I will walk around this tree, hopefully holding my wife's hand." Freya says as she looks up at the tree. "It's nice to know where it is."

"Big Meanie." Cosette says as the video ends.

"Oops." Freya says.

"Did that help?" Katana asks.

"Yeah it helped." Freya says. "It helped a lot."