63

Freya's POV

"Hey." I say as I stand next to Emma and her kids. "You three want anything to eat?"

"Where are you going?" Emma asks as she looks up at me from the couch here in the chill room of our Atlanta Hotel

Our game against Sweden was last night and after the game we pretty much had to shower and change, hugged our families goodbye, then we headed to the airport, got on Cairo's plane, and flew to Atlanta because there was a storm that was about to hit Kansas City.

Now we're chilling in Atlanta about to watch Spain v Canada while eating dinner.

"My car is going to Five Guys." I say. "But I think some people are going to Chick-fil-A, another group is going to Twisted Kitchen, a few people are going to Which Wich, and a few people are going to Panera."

"You two want burgers?" Emma asks as she looks at her kids.

"Yeah." The kids say so I hand Emma my phone.

Once Emma has my phone she and her kids order their food and drinks then she hands me back the phone.

"We'll be back." I say.

"Alrighty."

"FIVE GUY CAR IS LEAVING." I shout as I walk to the door then I hear the other ladies in my car follow me to the door and out to the car.

Azura, Katana, Talia, Sahara, and I are going to Five Guys to get us, our ladies, and the Harris family food.

Once at the car Katana and I get in the front while Azura, Talia, and Sahara get in the back then we head off to Five Guys.

"Emma looked stressed." Katana says.

"Probably cause Canada's been playing like shit the only tournament and they're about to play Spain." Talia says.

Canada's been playing pretty shitty all tournament, mainly because they are pinning their whole hopes on Christine Sinclair leading them to victory instead of using their wealth of youth talent.

Their group, which they won, was easy so it was okay for them to suck and they only got past Colombia on an own goal.

"I get wanting to give Sinclair a send off, but why don't they do it like the 2015 USA team did with Wambach and have her start on the bench in the big games?" Sahara questions.

"No clue." Katana says.

"Talia are you going to talk to Leah before our game?" I question.

We play England in our semi-final game.

"About the game no." Talia says. "But everything else we will."

"That's gotta be weird." Azura says.

"Yeah it sucks." Talia says. "It really really sucks."

- - - - -

"This burger's good as hell." I say

"Mhmm." Raven says as she eats her burger.

"Put her on the bench." Emma groans after Sinclair shoots the ball over the bar and ignores a WIDE OPEN Jordyn Huitema.

"This isn't gonna end well for Canada." I mumble then I feel my phone buzz so I look at it and see our schedule was just released for the new APL season.

" I mumble then I feel my phone buzz so I look at it and see our schedule was just released for the new APL season

"Cool." I mumble then I eat some of my burger.

"Are you doing okay?" Raven whispers.

"Yeah?" I say. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"I thought you had a security thing to watch on the plane last night." Raven says.

"I was reviewing applications baby." I say.

"Oh." Raven says. "I guess I misheard you."

"You were very tired last night." I say then I eat my last bite of my burger.

"I was." Raven says as I finish my burger. "Did I hear you singing a new song in the room this morning."

"Mhmm." I say then I grab my phone and show Raven the lyrics.

Every time I had everything my own way
I wanted you by my side,
I know you're probably miles away
Footsteps in the hole
All I'm waiting for
We shared that night
But she wouldn't be mine, no way
Satisfied,
Pushing me and my heart away
Back against the wall for you
Never felt so small

Satellite, couldn't get it right
You're the only one in my sky
Satellite, take your time
When you come back down,
Can we give it a try

There were times
I was amazed
My little lady
We were fine yeah
Set in our ways
With regret I see
What you mean to me

Satellite, couldn't get it right
But you're the only one in my sky
Satellite, take your time
When you come back down,
Can we give it a try!

Satellite
Satellite
You're the only one in my sky
Satellite
Satellite
When you come back down,
Can we give it a try!

Don't you know I needed you?
Why did you walk away?
Don't you know I needed you?
Why couldn't you have stayed?
Don't you know I needed you?

Satellite, couldn't get it right
You're the only one in my sky
Satellite, take your time
When you come back down,
Can we give it a try!
Satellite
Satellite
You're the only one in my sky
Satellite
Satellite
When you come back down,
Can we give it a try!

I'll be waiting
I'll be waiting

"I like that one." Raven says with a smile. "Hell I like all your songs."

"UGGGGGGH." Emma groans causing me to look at the tv and see Spain beat Canada 3-1.

"Mama." Kingsley says. "I wanna Snuggle Mommy."

Aww.

"Me too." Hazel says as the updated Knockout bracket is shown.

"We'll snuggle with her soon kiddos

"We'll snuggle with her soon kiddos." Emma says. "We will snuggle with her soon."