CHAPTER THREE

After dinner, we walked through the halls and then to the room stationed to maids. That's when I noticed that Maisie was my roommate while Grace stayed in the room two doors away from ours. I wondered who the other girl that I and Maisie shared the room with was. I sat down on the bed I occupied the previous night while Maisie sat opposite. Grace decided to some spend time with us, she sat on Maisie's bed.

"So tell me, how did you end up here?" Maisie started a discussion as she lay on her side, looking interested at me.

"Well, it's a long story" I said putting my legs up on the bed.

"We have time. Right Grace?" Maisie asked Grace who nodded. I took note that Grace wasn't really the talking type.

I stared at both of them, when I saw how interested they were in the topic, I sighed.

It is really going to get embarrassing. I hope they don't judge me.

"I was sold....." I started, taking in their facial expressions, when I noticed they remained calm and eager to listen, I continued "....by my father"

"What?" They both exclaimed, shock written on both faces.

"Like your biological father?" Grace asked.

"Yeah" I replied sadly, trying not to cry, I was really hurt, it was a deep scar to my heart.

"I am so sorry about that....." Maisie said sincerely.

"You must be traumatized" Grace said.

"I am.....I really am. Mum was sick, there was no money. I think selling me off was the only way he could raise the money" I said sadly, Grace got up and moved to sit with me, she used the handkerchief she held to wipe my tears, I didn't even notice I was sobbing already.

Maisie sat up "that is the excuse you tell yourself. There is really no justification for what he did" she said looking me in the eyes "....but though you should be grateful.... you had a family, you grew up with them, I and Grace never got that opportunity" she added.

"I was abandoned by my mother, madam Elizabeth told me that she found me at the palace gate when I was a toddler. I've lived my whole life locked up in this castle" Grace explained.

I couldn't say a word. Maisie is right, I should be grateful that at least I had a family for a while. I wondered how childhood would have been for Grace. She was really a tough child to have survived this far.

"I was sold out by my stepfather when I was 5....I have never left the castle since then" Maisie said sadly.

"I am really sorry" I said.

"Well it's fine. We should get some sleep" Maisie said immediately.

"You are right. I'll see you girls tomorrow" Grace said, stood up and walked out from the room. Another lady walked in as soon as Grace left, I and Maisie had already positioned ourselves to sleep. The lady sat on the available bed, she looked from Maisie to me before lying down on the bed.

The next morning, I woke up early to avoid the incident of yesterday to repeat itself. We maids have our bathroom, we normally queue up to take our bath, three maids were to take their bath once. I, Grace and Maisie bathed together before we went about our daily chores.

Madam Elizabeth assigned me to sweep and arrange the princess's rooms, Grace to sweep the dinner halls and Maisie to wash the princess's clothes.

While I swept the princess's room, I noticed how big and extravagant the room was, it was way bigger than the room I shared with Maisie and the other maid, they had so many clothes, I was wowed by everything, the room had a big bed at the center of the four corner room, the bed was designed with wood and curtains, with a candler hanging on the ceiling, her clothes were arranged at the left side of the room, her dressing and make-up kit were next to the bed on a dressing table. The walls and floor was designed with mables and fine stones.

"You like?" I heard the voice of one the princess from behind me while I touched the mables on the wall. I turned sharply, fidgeting, I was really scared, I fell on my knees immediately.

"I am sorry my princess" I apologized fearfully.

She walked to where I knelt, her shoes tapping the floor lightly "why are you apologizing?" She asked when she stood in front of me, I bowed my head apologetically.

"I shouldn't have touched your belongings" I apologized still kneeling.

"Rise" she ordered, I refused "that's an order" she commanded and I slowly stood up still bowing, avoiding her eyes "what is your name?" She asked.

"Amelia my princess" I replied fidgeting.

"You are the new maid" she stated.

"Yes my princess" I replied.

"You don't have to be scared of me. I am princess Oliver, the last daughter of King Arnold" she introduced herself.

"I should get back to my work" I said politely wondering why she introduced herself to me.

"Okay" Oliver accepted "you may continue" she added as she walked to the bed.

I bowed and rushed to pick up the broom I was using to sweep previously. Oliver sat on the bed and stared at me.

"Amelia" she called in low tone.

"Yes my princess" I replied still sweeping without looking at her.

"How old are you?" Oliver asked.

"18" I replied.

Oliver got up from where she sat and walked up to me, I continued sweeping without looking at her "look at me" she commanded.

"I wouldn't dare" I said.

"But I am ordering you to. Look at me" Oliver said and slowly I looked up, gazing into her eyes as I stopped sweeping.

She had beautiful eyes, brown glittering eyes, she had a beautiful long brown hair that was tied behind with pins, she wore silver ball gown that glittered, her skin was so clear.

"You are beautiful" Oliver complimented.

I unintentionally smiled at her "thank you my princess. You are beautiful also" I complimented back.

"I want to be friends with you" Oliver said and my eyes shone at her shocked.

HELLO FAMILY, LET'S VOTE AND COMMENT ON THIS AMAZING BOOK AS WE HOP ON THIS JOURNEY. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOU FOR CHOOSING THIS BOOK AND FOR THE MASSIVE LOVE Y'ALL SHOWED TOWARDS ME ❤️