CHAPTER NINETEEN

I sat bored on the bed staring into space. Oliver didn't allow me leave her room. Samuel wouldn't leave either, he sat next to me watching me closely like I was going to disappear if he looks away. His stare was becoming as awkward. My mind kept drifting back to last night and his confession to me. I couldn't stop thinking about it. That was even the reason why I missed my step and fell. That is the reason why I am here, bruised.

Another maid was the one that attended to Oliver's needs. She didn't let me do anything even when I assured her that I was fine and not feeling any pain anymore.

"You know she is not going to disappear right?" Oliver asked Samuel who kept staring at me. Finally, she couldn't take it anymore. His intense gaze was on me was creepy.

He didn't reply her.

"Samuel" Oliver called.

"What?" He snapped at her.

"You are in my bedroom" she reminded.

"Are you asking me to leave then?" He ask.

"I am fine prince Samuel" I spoke up to convince him so that he could leave.

"She said she is fine. Now please leave my room" Oliver ordered.

He stood up "you can call me if you need anything" he said.

"Why would she call you? She has me here. She will definitely not be needing you" Oliver snapped at him before he left "so annoying" she said.

I chuckled.

"He will literally sleep here if I didn't ask him to leave" she said as she walked up to me and sat down next to me "do you feel pain anywhere?" She asked.

"No I'm good. Thank you for caring for me Oliver" I thanked her. I honestly felt loved. I only felt this way with mother. She was the only one that made me feel this way.

"No need to thank me Amelia. We are friends" she said, I smiled widely at her, I would have hugged her but I was injured "my brother really likes you" Oliver said and I went blank. How did she know? Was his feeling for me that obvious?

"No he doesn't" I deny trying to hide the embarrassed look on my face.

"With the look on face, I think you know he likes you" Oliver said raising an eyebrow.

"What look?" I ask still embarrassed.

"Did he tell you he likes you?" She ask suspiciously raising an eyebrow.

I sighed "your brother shouldn't like me, he is a prince. He will only make things complicated for himself" I said.

"Did he tell you he likes you?" Oliver persisted.

"He did" I finally answered.

"O my" Oliver exclaimed "when?" She asked.

"Keep your voice down" I said smiling awkwardly.

"When?" She ask.

"Yesterday" I reply.

"Oh my. Oh my. What was your reply?" She asked.

"Why do I feel you are encouraging a relationship between I and prince Samuel?" I ask.

"Because I am" she said "please tell me how did he say it?" She inquired.

"Oliver I can't be with the prince and you know that. It is against the rules" I say.

"Rules are meant to be broken right? So do you like him?" she asked excited.

I shook my head "I don't think you are getting me" I said.

"Amelia no one would find out about your relationship with him" she said.

"I am not accepting a relationship between him and me. No freaking way" I say.

"Why? Because of the rules?" She asked.

"Partly because of the rules and partly because I don't like him" I say "I know you want I and your brother to become an item. But I don't like him that way" I confessed.

"Ouch....one sided love. You don't like him, like no feelings at all?" She ask.

I shook my head "I am sorry to disappoint you" I say.

"It is fine. I am not disappointed. I can't force you. Although you guys would have really looked good together. So, did you tell him?" She asked.

"No I haven't gotten the chance to" I said.

"And he is really likes you. Well, you should tell him. So that he doesn't keep getting ideas" she say "I still can't believe he told you that he likes you" she exclaimed.

After spending some time with Oliver, I went back to the room, Maisie and Grace were still up and talking. When they saw me walk in, they rushed towards me.

"Are you okay? We heard what happened from one of the maids?" Grace said as they held me till I sat down.

"I am fine. It is just a burn, I'll be fine" I say.

"It is good you are fine. Thanks to prince Albert" Maisie said.

"It was not just prince Albert, Oliver was also there" I said.

"We are glad you are fine" Grace said smiling.

"We also heard that prince Samuel was the one who took care of you" Maisie said.

I sighed "Maisie....." I was about explaining when she cut me off.

"It is fine okay. I know he likes you" Maisie said.

"You do?" I ask surprised.

"I overheard him discussing with his father some days ago and I saw both of you sneak out from the palace on a horse last night" she said sadly.

"Maisie...he..." I stammered as I try to explain. I couldn't find the exact words to use. I was surprised she saw us. Grace looked at me like she knew already. Maisie must have told her "Maisie I really don't know what to say. He keeps coming after me. I know you like him and......." I was saying but was cut short by Maisie who chuckled.

"It is fine okay. I don't know why you are explaining yourself. If he likes you, that is totally fine by me. I realized I am not the one for him, so I shouldn't get angry with you because he chose you" she said chuckling.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Yes. Just be careful" Maisie said and I hugged her.

"Thank you Maisie. I just don't know what I'll do without you girls" I say.

"Just be careful next time. I may not be the one to see you this time" she said hugging me back.