CHAPTER FOURTEEN

It has been two days since after Audrey's engagement party, I noticed Maisie suddenly started distancing herself from me, I suspected it was because I danced with prince Samuel. Samuel had been sneaking glances at me, he was always staring at me. We hadn't talked since after that night.

I wondered why Maisie was upset with me, she had been avoiding me, I had just not had the time to talk to her. Well finally, I had that time today.

Luckily Maisie and Grace were resting under the shade of a tree close to the castle exit talking, Grace laughed at something Maisie said when I walked up to them.

"Hey guys" I greeted as I stood under the shade where they were sitted.

"Hi Amelia. You are not with princess Oliver" Grace said. Maisie ignored me.

"She is sleeping" I told her "hey Maisie" I greeted her but she ignored me.

"Maisie, Amelia is here" Grace said.

Maisie remained silent as she looked somewhere else.

"Maisie did I do something wrong?" I asked.

"I'd really advice we quit being friends" Maisie said.

"Maisie" Grace half yelled her name surprised at what she said.

"Is this because I danced with the prince?" I asked.

Maisie stood up angrily, pointing her fingers at me "you knew I liked him, but yet, you still danced with him anyway" she said.

"He asked me for a dance" I said.

"And you accepted" she said.

"Maisie, Oliver pushed me to dance with him. I wouldn't have" I said.

"You are just a maid who became a handmaid because the princess took a liking to you yet you accepted to dance with a prince. Do you know that is an offense?" Maisie asked angrily.

"Look, I know. I shouldn't have. I wanted to refuse but....." I was saying but Maisie interrupted.

"Oh quit playing innocent" she yelled.

"Maisie what has come over you?" Grace yelled at her.

"You know what......I don't know why you are being so annoyed right now" I said.

"You danced with him. Smiling at him. You know I like him" Maisie said.

"You like him, so what? I never told you I liked him" I defended.

"So why did you accept the dance?" Maisie asked.

"I am done explaining to you" I said and walked away.

I walked back into the castle upset, why was she so upset about a dance, she said her feelings for him died, so why was she overreacting because I danced with him. If she likes him so much, she just go ahead and tell him and not yelling at me for dancing with him.

"Hey Amelia" I heard someone call my name as I walked through the halls leading to Oliver's bedroom. I ignored the person and kept walking.

"Hey, I've been calling you, I literally ran to catch up with you" the person held my hand, it was Samuel, he ran after me, what the hell does he want?

"Prince Samuel" I bowed in greeting. I was still upset so there was no smile on my face.

"What is wrong?" He asked.

"Can I help you with anything, prince Samuel?" I asked, shoving his question aside.

"You promised me that you would let me get to know you better" He said smiling. Maids that passed were stealing glances at us. This was something I really disliked.

"I did?" I asked a bit surprised. When did I promise him that?

"You did. On the dance floor" He said.

"I am sorry my prince but I am only a handmaid, my information would be of no importance to you" I refused.

"Why are you like this?" He asked with a serious expression on.

"Like what?" I asked him.

"Feeling less of yourself. I want to get to know you" Samuel said.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because I want us to be friends" Samuel said.

Friends? With a prince? Hell no. I accepted to be friends with Oliver. Not the prince now.

"I am sorry my prince but you know the rules" I reminded.

"What rules? I don't stick to rules" He said.

Okay, now, his nonchalant attitude was beginning to annoy me. Do this people want to put me in trouble, what did I do to them?

"Well if you don't care about the rules, I do. Can I please leave?" I asked and was about turning but he held my hand.

"Wait Amelia" he said. Maids that passed by, looked at us. This prince was going to land me in the dungeon.

"Let go" I half yelled, forcefully removing my hand from his "and stay away from me, okay" I warned him.

Samuel stared at me shocked and so did other maids.

I didn't care. I eyed him and walked away. Where I got the boldness from, I don't know. I was just grateful I had that boldness at that time.

Why is the royal family after me?

First it was Oliver, now it was Samuel.

I walked straight into Oliver's bedroom and I was glad Samuel didn't follow me. I was having issues with the first friend I made when I got here because of him. Maisie was upset with me because of him, yet he wouldn't let me be. What the hell does he want? Didn't he know that friendship can't exist between a maid and the royal family?

Ah.....my head. I was literally going to go insane.

"Amelia" Oliver called, she was already up but was still lying on the bed. She used a pillow to support her back "are you okay?" She asked.

I walked to the bed and sat down next to her. I had gotten pretty close to her, we were friends so I felt comfortable.

"I don't know what I am doing wrong" I lamented.

Oliver sat up, she adjusted close to me "what happened?" She asked.

"Your brother, he won't let me be" I complained.

"He is chasing after you?" She asked and I nod "he likes you?" She asked.

"I don't know. He said he wants to be friends" I told her slowly in low tone.

"He knows about the rules" Oliver stated as she gazed wide eyes at me.

"I had a fight with Maisie because of him" I told her.

"You had a fight with who?" Oliver asked.

"Maisie. The maid that I share a room. She has a crush on him" I said.

"She has a crush on my brother?" Oliver asked surprised at the information I told her.

"Yes" I reply.

"Well did you tell her that I convinced you into dancing with him?" She ask.

"I did. She is too upset to listen" I said.

"Well let her think whatever she likes. As for my brother, I will talk to him" Oliver said and I sighed "do you think he likes you?" She ask.

"I don't know. I hope he doesn't" I said.

"I hope so too" Oliver said.