CHAPTER SEVEN

It was a very rainy morning, no one went outside, princess Oliver had just taken her breakfast and was now reading a book while I cleaned her room. The rain poured like it wasn't going to stop anytime soon. I was grateful for the fact that it was raining. Why? I don't know, I was just glad. After sometime I noticed Oliver's gaze on me, she had stopped reading her book. I patiently waited for her question. She was good at asking questions, every minute, she always had a question. I just hoped she wasn't going to ask me a question from her book. I barely read. So I may not be able to answer.

She kept looking at me, I was wondering if I should start the conversation, her gaze on me was beginning to creep me out.

I was about to say something when she finally started.

"Amelia, do you have a plan to get married?" She asked suddenly and I wondered why she was always asking questions that threw someone off balance.

"Yes why do you ask?" I asked back cleaning the shelf where she keep her books, the shelf was in front of her bed.

"Well. I was wondering what kind of man you will want to marry" she said with a curious tone still looking at me.

"If I could choose, I'll definitely marry a man who loves me and cares for me. I wouldn't want to marry a man who wouldn't take care of me, I want a man who will show me a new world other than the one I am used to. I want a man who prays. I want someone that wouldn't pursue everything in skirt" I said smiling and looking at her.

Oliver stared at me and sighed loudly rolling over on the bed and facing the ceiling, she dropped her book on the bed.

"Are you worried about getting married to the crown prince?" I asked as I turned back to the shelf.

"Uhmm......everyday I worry that he is not the man for me. Audrey said he doesn't like women, what if he is forced into this marriage like me?" Oliver asked.

"Audrey also said he is a nice person" I added.

She turned over, still lying down, she used her palm to hold her face from the bed while her elbow rested on the bed "Do you think he'll like me?" She asked.

"Who wouldn't?" I asked smiling turning to her.

"Do you think he has heard the rumors about me?" She asked.

"Those are just rumors. If he is wise enough, he wouldn't believe them" I said smiling.

Oliver smiled back. Audrey suddenly burst into the room holding her head as she walked straight to Oliver on the bed. I turned back to the shelf and started arranging the book in alphabetical order.

"I am going nuts" Audrey exclaimed collapsing on the bed next to Oliver "I am going to go..... insane" she half yelled still holding her head.

"What is wrong?" Oliver asked.

"The designer. He just doesn't know the difference between pepper red and wine red, I am so frustrated" Audrey complained "I chose pepper red for the table clothes, he delivered wine red table clothes" she complained further.

"Well can't he change it?" Oliver asked.

I moved to clean and arrange the dressing table.

"He can and he will. I want everything perfect. All the royals from the south, east and west are going to be there" Audrey said closing her eyes.

"Really? That is so much guests" Oliver said.

"I know. My engagement party is going to be a big news, I can't wait" Audrey said proudly "And guess what?" She asked smiling.

"Please tell me" Oliver begged.

"Prince Albert is going to be there" Audrey said smiling happily.

"Prince Albert?" Oliver asked, she didn't know who he was neither did I.

"Yes. Your husband to be" Audrey told her.

"Oh..." Was all Oliver said.

"Oh...as in a good 'oh' or a bad 'oh'?" Audrey asked.

"Well it's a good news" Oliver said.

"Can you please do me a favor?" Audrey begged playfully.

"What is that?" Oliver asked.

"I know he may want to get to know you during the party but please I want to have my first dance with him" Audrey begged.

I turned to her immediately. Was she kidding?

When I saw the look on her face, I knew that she wasn't, she was damn serious.

Like seriously. She couldn't even have a bit of shame.

Giving her first dance to a guy who she was crushing on and not to her fiance. Couldn't she just drop the damn crush thing, she was getting married to someone else for Christ's sake.

I just hoped Oliver would refuse.

"Uhmm...... If he agrees to have a first dance with you then you have my permission" Oliver said in low tone, I just stared from her to Audrey.

This isn't good at all.

"Oh thank you thank you" Audrey said hugging her tightly before letting her go "I am going back to the ball room, I want to make sure that everything is perfect. Let's have dinner together later in my quarter" she added getting up and straightening her ball gown that covered her leg.

"Okay" Oliver replied and Audrey left, raising her gown to enable her walk "Quit staring" Oliver said as she stared at me.

"You know your sister has a crush on the prince right?" I asked sounding more like a friend than a handmaid.

"Yes I know" Oliver said.

"And you still let her have her first dance with him?" I asked surprised.

"It is an opportunity to test if truly he likes me" Oliver said.

"By letting your sister dance with him" I said.

"It is his choice. If he chooses my sister over me then I know what to expect later on" Oliver said before she sighed.

"And if he doesn't choose your sister?" I asked.

"Then I will know that he likes me" Oliver said.

I looked at her.

"Besides it is just one dance. It wouldn't hurt to let her have one dance with him" Oliver said smiling.

HELLO MY LOVELIES, PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT, I LOVE Y'ALL ❤️