CHAPTER NINE

It was like a bee hive in the castle, it had been two days and today we were told that the prince will be returning home and we are to prepare for his return. Everyone was so busy arranging, cleaning, mopping and cooking, it was going to be a mini celebration.

I didn't do much work, I only stayed beside princess Oliver, Grace cleaned the prince's room with two other maids while Maisie washed the bathroom with a maid.

Different meals were prepared, the table was filled with different dishes and delicacies. Princess Audrey and princess Oliver was very excited about their brother's return, like their mother they were making sure everything was perfect.

After hours of preparation, everything was finally perfect. It was late in the evening, both I and princess Oliver had given up hope that he was going to return when we heard the trumpet the hoots of horses tapping on the floor loudly, he was approaching.

Excitement found it's way to the face of everyone, we lined up in two roles with a space in between and a red carpet on the floor. The family stood at the end of the line we formed, the maids were grinning from ear to ear, giggling and blushing. The guards had a serious expression on.

Finally, the carriage stopped. The door opened to reveal a handsome young man, he stepped down the garage and smiled widely, he walked on the red carpet in between the space we created and stopped in front of the royal family, bowing respectfully.

I saw a handsome young and respectful man, tall and fair, he had the same color of  hair as princess Oliver and the king, his hair was short and neatly cut like the people from the queen's land. He was so handsome, no wonder everyone had such huge crush on him.

"I am so happy to be back home" I heard him say proudly, I couldn't see his expression but I knew he had a smile on. His voice was so nice to listen to.

Each member of the royal family took turns to hug him, Audrey hugged him longer before everyone retired back to continue their work.

As usual, I was next to Oliver so I had the opportunity to get a clearer glance of him. No doubt he was handsome, very handsome with his cute dimples and smile.

'snap out of it Amelia' I cautioned myself.

During dinner, I stood beside Oliver using the opportunity to get all the information of his adventures in the queen's land.

I retired back to my room after dinner. Luckily Maisie was still awake. Grace had already retired to her room.

"So is he handsome or what?" Maisie asked.

"He is" I said uninterested as I was getting ready to sleep.

"Just that?" Maisie asked.

"Uhmm" I replied.

"He became even more handsome than I remembered. He became so matured and he got a haircut" Maisie said lying on her bed but facing me.

"Well you don't expect him to remain young forever. You changed so he would also" I said looking at the empty bed "what about Rose?" I asked.

"I don't know I haven't seen her" Maisie replied.

"Well it's time to sleep. Tomorrow is another day....." I was saying as I lay on the bed facing Maisie.

"...to meet the prince?" Maisie interrupted.

"I was not going to say that" I said.

"You are still going to see him either ways. I wish I was in your position" Maisie said with dreamy eyes.

"What position?" I asked.

"The handmaid ofcourse. I could use that opportunity to get close to him" Maisie said.