CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

One month passed and Audrey's wedding day was in three days. She was finally getting married to prince Arthur. As everyone would have expected, she was pretty nervous as they day drew closer.

Who wouldn't be?

Audrey would always convide in her sister, princess Oliver about her fears and nervousness. Oliver would always give her words of advice and encouragement. The wedding preparation was more stressful than her engagement party. It demanded time and wisdom. Oliver assisted Audrey in picking out outfits, colors, flowers, wedding dresses, decorations and so on.

I was just busy going about my daily simple chores since Oliver was hardly around. I, Maisie and Grace would sometimes hang around to talk and while away time.

So far, I can say my stay in the palace wasn't so bad after all.

Prince Samuel was hardly seen and so was princess Delilah. I guess why, probably they were spending time together. The thought of that made me shiver. I still felt this sting of jealousy in my heart, although I stopped crying whenever I saw them together. I was slowly moving on.

Duhh! Their closeness doesn't affect me that much anymore.

Something unusual happened today, I received a letter through one of the guards. I was surprised.

Who would send me a letter?

I wondered.

I thanked the guard and took the letter. When a found a less busy time and got to the maids romm, I opened the letter and it read:

My daughter, Amelia.

This was definitely mother's handwriting. Was mother no longer sick? I wondered before I continued:

Your father told me what happened. I am so sorry this had to happen to you because of me. Your father sold you to raise money for my treatment. When he told me, I was devastated. I tried my best to come and see you. Your father wouldn't let me. I hope you are fine? I want to inform you that I am no longer sick, I am fine so you don't have to worry about mother anymore. I will try my best to get you out of there. Until then, be a good girl and mother loves you.

By the time I had finished reading the letter, tears that had formed in eyes started flowing freely down my cheeks.

I miss you mother.

She was the only person who cared about me. Father never did. He had turned his back on me at the time, I needed him the most.

He sold his daughter.

I held the letter to my chest and hugged it really tight like it was mother. I really missed her, I can't wait to hold her, to hug her and to kiss her on her cheek. I curled myself up in a foetus position, crying my heart out.

I had been strong for too long. All by myself. At 18.

After a while, I got up from the bed, tore the letter into shreds and trashed it. I dragged my body slowly towards the hall way leading to the princess's bedroom.

I caught sight with prince Samuel and his personal guard talking at the hallway. I didn't even look at them, my heart and mind was clouded with sadness. I almost walked past them when I felt someone grab my arm. Pulling me backwards slowly to meet his face.

"Are you okay? Your eyes are puffy and red. Have you been crying?" Samuel asked in a calm and caring tone.

I missed him.

I couldn't imagine how much I did. I missed the way he looked at me and spoke to me. His voice, I missed hearing them. I thought I had moved on and forgotten about him. But now, I realized I didn't.

I burst into tears all over again.

Samuel was surprised "no...no.... don't cry" he said as he pulled me in for a hug.

My body crashed against his. I didn't pull away, I hugged him back. The tears kept rolling, I thought I wouldn't stop crying.

Samuel didn't say anything until my cry lessened and I started sniffing. He placed his hands on my shoulder and pulled me out of his embrace slowly, he looked at my face.

"My prince you should leave the hallway" he said.

Samuel held my hand and slowly dragged me to his bedroom. When we were inside his bedroom, he made me on his bed and he sat beside me.

This was the first time, I was in his room.

"Are you okay now?" He ask looking at me from the side.

I nod slowly.

His personal guard knocked on the door and came in with a glass of water. Samuel took from him and handed it over to me before motioning his guard to leave and he did.

After I gulped the water, I handed the cup to him "thank you" I say.

He nod and dropped the glass on the table beside the bed.

"Will you tell me what happened?" He asked.

I sniffed "I...I...miss...mother" I say trying not to burst into another round of teary section.

He sighed before placing his hands on mine.

"Mother wrote a letter to me, she was sick. Father sold me to raise money for her treatments" I explain.

"I am really sorry all that had to happen to you" he say.

I turned to look at him taking in all his facial features.

I missed this soul.

I leaned in to him and slowly, our lips met. It was a brief kiss because Samuel withdrew.

"Amelia you are sober" he say.

"I also know that I missed you" I say surprised at my audacity.

He smiled at me.

I leaned once more, this time, he didn't refuse. He placed his hand on my cheeks and kissed me back.

It wasn't a deep kiss.

It was a kiss that told both of us how much we missed each other.

I truly missed him.

We stopped kissing to catch our breathes, staring at each other's eyes lovingly. Words couldn't explain what we felt for each other.

LIKE THIS CHAPTER, LET'S GIVE IT A VOTE AND COMMENT ❤️ DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW SO THAT YOU DON'T MISS OUT ON UPDATES.